OB & DT firmware install/run issues

With ob no need for 1/4 cables. Dont switch of ob mode - run the plugin standalone with DT in Ob mode…

Usb does support midi and audio.

Was everything working as it should on the stock firmware? Audio from the main outs?

If so this is firmware issue

Umm not sure, I updated the firmware and everything works except sound. I’m seeing signal. I just disconnected my 1/4 and I’m only using the usb and there is still no sound. It’s driving me nuts.

Every time I click on the Overbridge engine it’s red and says incompatible status. But if I change the buffer size it all of a sudden changes the status to idle wtf? Guess this will be my Friday night challenge.

If i had just downloaded, installed, and then fiddled to find right settings, Id try a comp restart…that would just be my first thing to try…but not sure if this describes your situation…and its stupid advice but i believe i had some strange startups in the beginning where it just seemed to not work/connect and then it just fixed itself…

Restarts have been the story of my life, welp I’m gonna try it now and see if it cures it.

My computer has been strange lately maybe somethings going on. I just bought a Audient id14 interface and I keep having problems with that too, it keeps disconnecting and I lose my sound all together. Than I have to either pull out the usb or restart the Mac for it to work again. Maybe it’s time for a new Mac…

How old is the mac? What drivers are you using?

It’s a mid 2014, 10.14.3 running macOS Mojave. 8gb ram 1.4 intel core i5. I mean it’s not horrible old I suppose. Also I just restarted it and still no sound :frowning:

Do I need to download some kind of driver for this maybe that’s the issue?

There is a specific usb audio driver needed but prett sure its default installed with overbridge installation. Your Mac should run overbridge fine. This is a pickler…

I won’t be at a computer until tomorrow. But I’m prettt sure I have all the previous digitakt versions archived on my machine somewhere. I can send you the file to install to downgrade your digitakt OS to see if that gets you back to a working state. Then you can try the upgrade again. That’s all i got bro…

Appreciate it, everyone for that matter of dealing with my situation. I’m gonna send Elektron an email maybe they can resolve this.

Could be fine u know - but then your interface is out…

Question has transfer taken place of c6? Or are they 2 totally different things?

Good question.

Both are still viable options for OS updates however.

Gotcha, well I like transfers layout better just my opinion though.

Are you still trying to use Overbridge with the Digitakt 1.10 firmware? Did you ever get the proper firmware required for Overbridge installed on your Digitakt? It’s not clear from the above posts (unless I’m missing something).

Also, in my experience, using C6 is best for firmware upgrades, while Transfer is nicer for sending samples to and fro.

1 Like

Well my DT says 1.10, I’m not sure which firmware is the right one to download. If you have a link for it can you send me it? I always have no clue how to transfer using c6. Problem is every time I try and update the DT it’s freezing so I don’t know if the firmware actually went through or not.

The link to the firmware is in the link posted above by mas_akala. It’s at the top of this thread:

https://www.elektronauts.com/t/overbridge-2-0-public-beta-plugins-drivers-and-firmware/70486

Make sure you have the latest version of both. Also, keep in mind that you won’t be able to use the Overbridge plugin in GarageBand, as the AU version of Overbridge is not yet available.

As for C6, it’s pretty simple. Just make sure you have the Digitakt selected as your MIDI in and out on the Configure page.

If the firmware update is freezing, it’s likely not being updated.

1 Like

It literally freezes every time I try to upload it. Unfortunately that is out of my control.