OB crashes randomly (DN, AH)

hey guys
I started recently to rehearse my LIVE setup for some events. Knowing my Digitone can work as audio unterface too, which already worked for me a few months ago quite good. I was like: yeah, nice to have this small box/synth working as my soundcard :slight_smile:
So:
I use my Digitone as an audio interface and as an OB instance in Ableton 9.7.7 with MacOS 10.14.6. I’m sending midi notes to the DN and some parameter changes (love OB in this case) via my korg nanoKONTROL. But as I play the audio drops out randomly. Same laggs occur and thats it. I have to restart the digitone to get my live set reworkin. This happens totally any time.

So I went for trouble shooting:

• plugged the DN directly to my MacBook
  • I tried to use AH as Interface
  • reinstalled OB a few times
  • tried Core Audio / Bit Accurate (dont even know the difference here :smiley:)
  • tried to use DN/AH just as an interface (not as a synth)
    And in all this scenarios my audio still crashes. Ableton tells me there’s no audio interface selected. So the audio driver is marked as off in the right-most corner (I’m not a native Ableton User :slight_smile: )
    I also tried to use my RME as the Interface but then sometimes the DN stops recieving midi. As It would loose connection to my system. And yes I always avoid using usb-hubs for this kind of devices (interfaces).
    I still got 1 month before playing live - so I’m quite relaxed. But overall this makes using those lovley machines quite frustrating. I really hope to find some tips/answers. I’m already thinking about updating to Catalina and like loosing a ton of 32bit plugins :frowning:

I already opened a support ticket but still looking for some handy advies :slight_smile:

EDIT: Wanted to mention, that OB and DN once worked totally stable in this setup like a year ago. I did a few gigs and it worked fine. My system (Computer, MacOS) didn’t change since then (never change a running…).

1 Like

I have a similar problem. I recently started using FL Studio and Overbridge for my DT and DN. At first it was amazing, but after a while the DT mostly and sometimes the DT too will freeze. I have to restart everything and then things work fine again. I’m not using the Elektron machines as the main audio interface also. Luckily Total Recall is working ok so far. So just remember to save often.

1 Like