OB as unit-control but audio from the hardware-outs

wanna route my audio as i did from the hardware outs into my analogue chains, while controlling the units with overbridge (tone, takt, rytm, keys)

is that possible?

What DAW are you using?

In Ableton Live you can turn off delay compensation under the options menu.

Mute the audio on your plugin track and monitor from the hardware outputs instead.

No added latency that way and you still get control / total recall from the plugin.
That’s what I do anyway.

3 Likes

i still don’t get why they don’t put out a version of OB that’s specifically designed to allow this rather than it needing to be a workaround. seems like a no-brainer to me.

1 Like

thx - haven’t found the point where i can route the audio to the main, while in overbridge-mode. - have it now. works great. - i prefere recording the things through my hardware-channels :wink: - the neve 8801’s sounds a little better than the usb :))).

jep. ableton and cubase.

thx

i also do NOT NEED that usb-audio-thing :wink:

1 Like

Me too. I don’t like the added latency either. This way I get the best of both worlds :slight_smile:

It would be better to get a non-audio version of Overbridge (or be able to completely disable the audio).

1 Like

when you have a lot of usb-gear it makes a huge difference in overall performance when you are able to turn off more than 30 usb-audio-streams :wink:

1 Like

Yep, I have a Virus TI, AR MKII, Digitakt, and Digitone Keys all with audio streams. I would love my CPU cycles back for sure :slight_smile: