OB 1.15.0 Issues

Overbridge doesn’t fit the criteria for the Mac OSX store.

1 Like

I had similar issues on El Capitan. Updating to Sierra fix that for me.

1 Like

i’ve been to Sierra and it was sucking my resources to high. iam now on el capitan and this feels like a MAC. stable and quiet.

Already on sierra using a USB 3.0 MTT hub, ( same chipset as overhub )

I had kept it simple and tried all of these things except for enabling OB mode on the AK. That was the thing. Thanks!

I see that is in the A4/AK manual but I still think it’s worth a mention in the Release Information “How to upgrade” info.

3 Likes

3 issues for me:

1. Audio speeds up/slows down rapidly in Logic Pro X, tried AK plugin. It’s like crackle, but smoother. Logic’s and plugin’s buffer size and safety margin affect how rapidly these occur but they did never go away. 2011 MBP 17" LPX 10.2.4, Motu Ultralite MkIII. On brighter side - if buffer sizes are turned down, latency is now small enough to be playable. But… with distortion like this, can’t really use it.
  2. Driver is hogging CPU if any OB device is connected. Seems that it does not matter if it is actually in use or not.
  3. Driver outputs debug messages to syslog. Every time I press space to preview something in finder, kernel messages appear in syslog from driver. Not a huge issue, but still.

biggest issue.

WIN 10 here , wanted to deinstall overbridge 1.10.1 before installing 1.15, but does not work .Have been asked by the .msi if i like to remove, answered yes , than the bar starts doing something and then just roll back. OB 1.10.1 sticks there like a Rootkit :-(. rebooted as well, nada. try now to install 1.15 over it.

Solved it. Choose to use repair and have been asked for teh location of the .msi of 1.10.1. lucky i had it stored somewhere . After the repair I could deinstall OB 1.10.1 , now starting to install OB1.15.
btw, where can we find older versions of OS and OB on the elektron website ?

1 Like

WIN 10, Overbridge control panel does not have anymore maximize window enabled in the windows title bar :-(. Find it a bit off

Don’t think Heat supports total recall

Yeah, you’re right - apologies for that. Had assumed it would because the other two do … can’t see any good reason why it doesn’t, really.

Heat plugin does total recall of the preset data automatically, as explained in the OB manual. No user interaction or settings necessary. The Heat preset used in a DAW project will always be recalled upon opening the project, similarly to a software effects plugin.

4 Likes

Noticed a bug when saving sounds via Overbridge.

At first I could save and assign tags to a sound via the save pop up window (in Sound Settings panel), but after a few saves the save/tag pop up window flashes up for a second and nothing is saved.

Weirdly, if I then go into the RYTM and save the sound from there, and then go back to Overbridge and click save the window then works again. [EDIT] Also changing Track / Pad Select on RYTM to something else then back again gets the pop up window working again.

No idea what’s causing it. Running latest OS X and Live 9.7.1

XOX

So glad I’m not using OB when reading these reports.

2 Likes

Just playing around with my Analog Heat connected to Overbridge. I’m adjusting the Start Phase with the LFO synced to the Ableton Clock via Overbridge, but the Start Phase of the LFO doesn’t seem to change at all. It stays at 0 degrees. Anyone else experience this?

[Mod note : ] Answer here

I’ve already covered this one above :thup:

Please don’t cross-post :thup:

answers in the original thread please

https://www.elektronauts.com/guidelines

Is rendering even supported right now in Ableton. Just threw my OB Analog Heat on a master buss when bouncing out a mixdown and its not working, its just glitches and noises, not my track :frowning:

Ah got it. I did do a search for ‘save’ on the page but I guess the way this forum works loading posts, yours hadn’t loaded so it said there was no results for that keyword. My bad.