OB 1.15.0 Issues

@Open_Mike,

Definitely! To get low latency, I disabled all inputs and outputs, and instead record the AK+AR using my audio interface. I use Overbridge for the UI and control only :slight_smile:

3 Likes

As always, I am very sorry to hear about the issues.
I would like to urge you reach us via our support form on elektron.se.

Especially those of you with the Heat exception errors. (Make sure to let us know your computer model e.g macbook pro mid 2014)

1 Like

I got some digital noise, which followed the envelopes of all A4 patches last night, with the new system.

Couldnā€™t reproduce again though, after I dropped Cubase 9ā€™s audio buffer size (on my RME Multifaces) from 256 to 128.

Virus Ti, in the same session, was working fine.

Iā€™ll keep an eye on it.

ok, I gave it a short shot under macOS 10.11. Installation was flawless. Rytm, Four and Heat can be used as Soundcards, but they only support 48 kHz. Roundtrip Latency is quite bad. Under Core Audio its something like 50 to 80 milliseconds (it needs a 1024 samples puffer to work without noise at 80 % CPU). The Bit Accurate Mode works much better: roughly 18 ms roundtrip latency with a 64 Samples buffer.

The analog Heat Plug-in has a high latency too, round about 50 ms when used as an insert. This will be compensated by the daw, but then mixing feels a bit sluggish. So I recommend recording the heat output to another track and then switch overbridge off to continue mixing.

Are there any infos why ob uses such big buffers?

Is it possible to use OB just as a control tool and connect all analog in and outs to a seperate Soundcard with better latency?

Thatā€™s how Iā€™m using OB, even the new version, which still has issues with Logicā€¦ :frowning:

1 Like

You are not alone!

Using OB on one track in Logic. When I press play to play a MIDI sequence I get this weird effect which sounds like tape speeding up. WTF is going on?? No delay nor reverb engagedā€¦ Sometimes there are crackles as well, when pressing stop and start in close succession.

1 Like

Pattern change seems broken with AR and live. sending on midi channel 16

I can confirm pattern change via midi notes (on channel 16) isnā€™t working anymore for me either.

EDIT: with the AR.

nice

15.12.2016 ā€¦deinstalled the old overbridge, MacBook crashed and my 45 days of work are gone. i had to install a new OS. thx Apple, thx elektron.

sometimes you are going to forget your Time machine backup and thatā€™s the Answer. second Time in a 10 year relationship. wouldnā€™t it be possible to put Overbridge to the App Store? @Ess

Am I right in saying saving presets for the Heat does not work in OB?

EDIT: No, it was just me being stupid. It works just fine.

1 Like

Itā€™s not an app

I canā€™t even get mine connected to the PC and canā€™t even send a support ticket as it keeps saying my S/N in not valid. Iā€™ve updated the OS, installed the control centre, but not connected.

Iā€™ve got a RYTM and an A4. If I try to use both in the new overbridge only the first selected device works until I restart the computerā€¦ the midi aspect works on the second but no audio.

So for instance load ableton fresh after a restart select a midi track put the RYTM on it, that passes audio perfectly. Then adding a second track with the A4 no audio passed from that. Same if the order is reversed after a full system restart.

Anyone else having this issue?

1 Like

Overbridge still doesnā€™t recognize my AK. I thought this update might work but it didnā€™t. I tried to update the OS to 1.24 with OS and Sysex wonā€™t send either. Any ideas? Maybe I should start a new thread.

I also can report the ā€œtapeā€ wobble in Logic Pro X when hit start on the sequencer. Audio has also a huge latency and the badest point when trying to sync AR and A4 is ā€¦ the A4 is always around 1/16 behind the AR ā€¦ so booth are not in sync at all.

When syncing AR + A4 with Expert Sleepers Usamo and use Overbridge without sync just for audio, it works kind of way, but canĀ“t get it sync on the grid

Would be nice to know from Elektron, what ā€œAU support has been improvedā€ means :slight_smile: e.g. what should be possible and working and what not.

1 Like

Did you set your device in Overbridge Mode ?

Have you installed the latest OS and OB ?
Have you rebooted your computer ?
Have you enabled OB mode on device ?
Have you plugged the USB cable into an incompatible or busy HUB ?

Try keeping it simple
Just direct to a USB port (or via a usb2 hub or extension lead in case thereā€™s an issue with a USB3 port)

But, not finding the device seems like a trivial thing to resolve compared to the majority of issues discussed

keep it simple to begin with

1 Like

ā€¦mac App store.