Nxt Level sequencing? Feature request for all Elektron sequencers!

Plus it would put some distance between Elektron and Roland, what with Roland adopting some Elektron ideas recently and their new hands on approach of the TR-8s.

Time for Elektron to break out the 3D Chess :joy:

Going from the AMA thread it seems that no new features are planned for OT :sob:

I would love it if Elektron at some point would offer an option (even if it’s set and forget hidden in a menu) where a track would return (reset) back aligned on the one beat when switching it from a polymeter amount of steps to 16/32/64 steps. (With Master scale in INF, cause polymeters)

I imagine this would be fairly doable. And a great addition to all Elektron sequencers.

Op-Z has this feature and it’s really cool…

Especially if you have a eurorack and run a lot of triggers through a mixer you can get some really funky results

1 Like

In general I love having resets in my Eurorack that I can mute. I have mute switches / attenuators on the reset clocks of both my Eurorack sequencers. So you can easily switch between polymeters and revert back to the main aligned 4/4 bars.

I’m not in this forum a whole lot, so I’m sure people make feature request posts all the time
so I’ll try to keep this one very simple and straight forward
but I have a few ideas I’d love to see in a future elektron product, or added into updates for current ones
I’m curious how popular any of these ideas will be

-function lock: holding down function while doing secondary operations can sometimes get in the way. just the ability to “lock” function mode, toggle it on/off. either via double press, or a menu option

-pattern mode (lock): does the “select a pattern” count down give anyone else anxiety?
in the past I’ve weighted down the pattern buttons on my elektrons so I can just switch between patterns with both hands with ease. same with above, I’d love to double click pattern to enter a pattern select mode. or be able to set the timer length manually (up to infinity)

the above two features may seem trivial, but there’s specific workflow reasons I’d want them
I hope other people can relate, but the next ideas are more fun

trig condition skip%: this would be a probability condition, where instead of resting the step, it would completely skip over it, thus offsetting the pattern by one step, or however many steps were skipped. lots of cool things can be done with this

probability weighting: this would alter the probability based on how often the step was triggered. a positive value increases the probability of the step triggering every time it is bypassed or skipped. a negative value decreases the probability every time the step is triggered. this would all be based around the initial probability set for the step and would be relative, not destructive.

2 Likes

Euclidean, reverse, ping-pong, … all that stuff would be awesome additions to the Elektron sequencers.

1 Like

A note list with operators would be cool to include in the sequencer. A fill trigger , envelopes over several bars which are trig able. Triggers for whole bars that override settings (flat envelope so to speak)

sound selector trig for x bars, with operator.

Agreed. Using the new play modes on the NerdSeq has me longing for the same on the Elektron boxes. Great for mimicking the Fugue Machine app.

Imagine you could not only choose the length of a sequence on your elektron boxes, but also where it starts. Just those nice 12 steps on page 3 of your sequence, f.e…

1 Like

Yeah, i believe the volcas can do this, would be rad

Or maybe even beeing able to turn individual steps on and off, the sequencer just skips those.

Func or no+step when in pattern length menu or so

2 Likes

Doesn’t song mode do this already?
I’m pretty sure MD does.

Building on your suggestion ans this was probably mentioned before, what I would love is sequence direction, ping-pong, Waves or using an LFO to controll sequencer behavior.

I think the DB01 can do such things, and I am sure Elektron would improve these concepts.

2 Likes