NVRAM Restore Failed

Did anybody know what this means by any chance?
I see this every time the rytm powers up.

Can’ find any info about it.
I updated the machine again just make sure nothing went wrong but the message still appears on power up.

***also I just realized that on power on all my settings were reset. Saved project gone and samples not assigned.
I was able to restore the session from overbridge but I have a feeling this is not how this machine is supposed to work.

I’ll wait for elektron to reply and decide if I should keep it or return it.

This is what happens on each restart.
Message and the whole unit is like new.
Every setting and preference back to default.
Am I doing something wrong lol or I purchased a dud?

**sorry for the shaking.

NV = Non-volatile, so yeah it’s where your machine state is going to be held. In the A4 it’s a MRAM module (no battery needed), good chance it’s the same in a Rytm so no simple battery change sadly. I would be returning it.

1 Like

Crap. thx.
I wonder what’s the problem though. I ran the test mode and everything checks out.

It’s possibly an OB recall state thing too I guess, have you tried switching OB mode etc?

I did problem is it resets everything to default state so I have to go to settings to activate it.
If I load a sample it’s gone on reboot.

See if you can get it to save a valid machine recall state in the OB VST?

Funny thing.
When I let it running for about 10 minutes then I can power it off and on and everything is fine.
Once I pull the plug for about 5 then the whole NVRAM issue happens again. Looks like it is not holding power in there or something.
When I connect to OB and do a recall state everything seems fine. But no samples.

Open a support ticket, if you haven’t already.

Good luck.

1 Like

Id be shaking too! Send it back withoot a doot

1 Like

Already done but looks like they are (at least some) on vacation so it might take a while and my return timeframe is closing fast.
Bad luck on used gear this time round. First a virus with faulty tactile switch with a seller trying to dodge responsibility and now the Rytm.

Support said they need to see the unit.
Ugh.
At this point I’m tired with fighting sellers.
I might just bite the bullet and preorder the Rytm MKII though I’m little worried how it will work with the new features since the DT is having issues.

Well, as a last resort have you tried formatting the +Drive and resetting everything?

I don’t want to do it in case it does something unpredictable.
At least it is powering up right now.
Seller went MIA so I’m gonna wait few more hours and then apply for refund.

Same problem here, I did a full Drive+ format and also a factory reset and it didn’t solved the issue.

Going to open a ticket now and see what’s going on.

Did anyone hear anything else on this. My RYTM just did this. I have my live sets and a new EP on there too. Bummer.

Hi, i have the same issue after i upgraded my Rytm MK1 to the latest OS.

Did you ever resolve it?

I just had this happen once after downgrading to OS 1.31B (MKI).
Does anyone know, is it indicative of a problem if it only happens the one time?