Now with 1.3, a Digitone/iPad pair sounds like a great mobile setup

In response to the OP, yes I too am considering Digitone a bit more seriously because of the USB audio interfacing option for iPad.

I’ve been leaning towards Minilogue XD as my next hardware synth purchase because of microtuning support and all the 3rd party options from SineVibes and others but this Digitone update is making me reconsider.

2 Likes

I was ready to sell my ‘Takt and ‘Tone before IT arrived. I am glad i didn’t.

The Digitone-iPad combination is working flawlessly for me (so far) and I am actually excited to work on music again. I usually end the day shredded, but having to plug in one USB cable and headphones makes things manageable.

I never thought Elektron would come through with class compliance but oh man is it worth it!

Time to go outside with my mobile powerhouse :smile: (powerbank attached to side of Digitone FTW…)

2 Likes

audioshare is a must. then, FAC by fred anton corvest ( reverb alteza, bandit, chorus etc ! ) i do not like audio damage ( there i said it ) but klevgrand have fantastic fx like reamp, modley, etc… samplr is insane. koala real nice. …

2 Likes

how do you connect your digitone to the pad ? cause i experienced audio cuts , and am not the only one

USB B to USB C cable from Digitone to iPad 12.9, 3rd gen. That’s it. Guess I am lucky?

But like I said, very simple. No hub, no adaptors, just a direct connection.

2 Likes

iPad has tons of sequencing apps that can operate in odd time signatures and polyrhythms.

Has anyone verified that Digitone can respond on time to a MIDI pattern change message from any IOsS app, if the Digitone is running on a different pattern length than the IOS sequencer? Or does Digitone still want to be the master sequencer?

1 Like

Did this in Samplr from DN loops: https://youtu.be/NYM8MQEDsds

3 Likes

This is on my list of things to check out, but I will confess in advance that my tests won’t be as sophisticated as you might need them to be. Probably more in the vein of, does the DN respond on time to pattern changes…period.

I’m reviving the topic, because I finally got an Elektron device: a Digitakt. I figure that I’ll also get a Digitone too one day, but to start off I got the Digtakt.

Still figuring it out. Trying to get my Keystep Pro to work well with the Digitakt, but I’ll get there. But it’s working wonderfully with my iPad Pro as an audio interface. Love to route the output of the Digitakt into AUM, then use plug-ins like Blackhole reverb or Koala FX, then route the sound back out to the Digitakt and out to the speakers.

I am running Big Sur on my Mac, so the latest version of Overbridge isn’t working, but USB+MIDI is working just fine. There’s a lot for me to learn, but there’s so many resources on YouTube and in here that I can find answers.

So far, loving it.

3 Likes

Quick question about using digitone with AUM. Does it show stereo connection for digitone sounds and a separate stereo connection for the audio inputs ?

No it’s just the main outs.

It’s still very useful and midi mapping the DIGI’s midi inputs is so easy in AUM so you now have an excellent sequencer to control your IOS synths.

2 Likes

That’s a shame, it would have been good to be able to plug a mono synth into the digitone and apply iOS effects just to the audio inputs and have digitone sounds separate , thanks for the reply anyway :+1: