Now on Logic: Super fast Ableton Template Frank Wiedemann, Sebastian Mullaert, Stimming & Deadmau5 learnings

Hey everyone,
the Elektronauts Forum was instrumental in helping me decide to Launch the Rapid Flow Ableton template and as such I wanted you to be the first to know: We have spent months cloning the workflow over to Logic Pro and we will launch it tomorrow!

What I can say is it sounds identical and even the looping workflow is there. However the controller mapping is really challenging on Logic Pro! We managed to make it work (after shedding blood sweat and tears) and it is explained in detail in the video we will also share tomorrow.

In case you are wondering WTH is Rapid Flow :smiley:

I am wondering if anyone would be interested in a Logic Pro template that shows the workflow that I have put together after joining the masterclasses of:

• Frank Wiedemann
  • Sebastian Mullaert
  • DeadMau5
  • Einmusik
  • Stimming

and a few others. If there is interest, I would take the time to prepare it. I use a lot of Elektron Instruments, but in all fairness, they are not neccesary for this workflow, they just make life (a lot more) fun :slight_smile:

Using this template, I can now create a sketch of a track that sounds floor ready in 1 hour, or less. I have basically taken the best learnings from those masterclasses and added my sound engineer experience and some samples so the starting point sounds great when referencing with commercially succesful tracks.
(My music: https://soundcloud.com/erikheirman-setsuna .)

The template uses a structure that is powerful for live sound manipulation and is easy to manage on stage with a controller. There’s also settings in there to make sure the main elements of a track always sound good, loud and ‘floor ready’. And most importanly, it is much more fun to produce with. I found that once you have a starting point, it is easy to add new kicks, basses etc and know when they sound right.

I want to share this workflow, because up until recently I was frustrated making tracks in a very time consuming way, which felt like work and was uninspiring. It was hard to find the time next to my family and full time job, which meant I would get up at 5:00 to spend a few hours in the studio everyday before work.

I have been making music for close to 20 years and my 15 minutes of fame are playing my live set at Fusion and a 1 hour mix of my down-tempo tracks hitting 4.7 mio. views on youtube.

Setsuna - Lounge Mix - Panda Mix Show

I am a trained sound engineer and worked professionally as a DJ, musician and sound engineer. These days I work as an IT consultant but still release music regularly.

Let me know what you think. My main aim is for (beginner) producers to spend less time on technical details and still get great sounding masters, and have more fun while producing.

https://www.rapidflow.shop/

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Rapid Flow Ableton (and now Logic Pro) Templates