Novation Peak

I think most likely they will just update the wavetables.
Would be nice if they added a few more lfo’s

1 Like

Think you’re right, wavetables ripe for an update… but other novation products have received some pretty stellar updates after launch… so who knows?

On A4, I noticed that I could easily overload the reverb so I took the habit to set the reverb HP filter around 25%.
Could be the same for Peak : could the low frequencies be responsible for the reverb distortion?

3 Likes

I heard through the grapevine that a new update was coming with more wavetables and some adjustments to how FM was handled. There might be more but who knows. I’d love some alternate envelope triggering modes (triggering with an LFO for instance).

Novation have been awesome updating their other products, so I’d be really surprised to not see firmware updates and additional features added, especially relating to osc’s.

I know the rumor mill is churning about “an impending update” to the Peak. Some of the hopes are that it might go bi-timbral, more/custom wavetables, and more flexibility in the mod matrix. I’d like to add a few to the dream list:

• More LFOs
  • Sine wave LFO shape

What else am I missing or completely dreaming about?

1 Like

Isn’t the “slew” parameter the way to make the triangle a sine wave? Is it something different?

2 Likes

MPE (grin).

Cheers!

1 Like

I RTFM right after posting and face palmed. I deserve this.

2 Likes

Finally got a Peak. Have to say, if I’d just gone into a shop and browsed through the presets I wouldn’t have been very impressed. But that goes for a lot of synths I guess.

Nice layout, nice build, nice effects, can get some great basic sounds going very quickly. Now to delve in to the modulation…

Yep the presets are garbage
Hit init and get to work :thup:

1 Like

Take my money

2 Likes

That’s nuts man. I saw a refurb one for a good price on reverb with a two year warranty because the seller is novation. Gotta Buy everyone’s Christmas presents first then I’ll bite.

Nice update. Wave tables were requested from day one.

1 Like

Wow. I mean we knew something was coming but 43(!) new wavetables and two extra LFOs is pretty great. My favourite might be FX parameters in the mod matrix though.

3 Likes

Wait till after namm there will be a good amount being unloaded to buy the next big synth.

1 Like

Release notes aren’t live in components yet.

Would be good to know if there’s Scala support for the micro tuning.

Not out until the 19th. Must read all the way to the bottom…

Can’t wait to explore these new Wavetables … i hope they arent too redundant in the end.

1 Like

No sure about that, they don’t seem to come up for sale used very often and when they do prices are not that far off new ones (which is a good sign for the synth, I think).

I might get one for my self for Christmas. Have been thinking about one for ages, these updates will just tip me over to buying.

1 Like