Novation Peak

Nice update. Wave tables were requested from day one.

1 Like

Wow. I mean we knew something was coming but 43(!) new wavetables and two extra LFOs is pretty great. My favourite might be FX parameters in the mod matrix though.

3 Likes

Wait till after namm there will be a good amount being unloaded to buy the next big synth.

1 Like

Release notes aren’t live in components yet.

Would be good to know if there’s Scala support for the micro tuning.

Not out until the 19th. Must read all the way to the bottom…

Can’t wait to explore these new Wavetables … i hope they arent too redundant in the end.

1 Like

No sure about that, they don’t seem to come up for sale used very often and when they do prices are not that far off new ones (which is a good sign for the synth, I think).

I might get one for my self for Christmas. Have been thinking about one for ages, these updates will just tip me over to buying.

1 Like

Novation, kings of updates!

2 Likes

They did the same with mono station update, announced about 2 months in advance

1 Like

Wow - I’m really excited for this. They basically added everything I was hoping for and then some things I hadn’t even considered like the FX matrix. Microtuning per patch is awesome plus 43 new wavetables!

1 Like

Also this doesn’t seem to be anywhere on their site yet so I wonder if it was an unintentional leak by SonicState.

Nevermind - it’s posted in a few different spots. Here’s a video from BoBeats:

3 Likes

Well exactly what it needed, particularly those 2 more lfos
Will consider buying it again now

Please do get another, those fm patches you made were awesome, would you be up for sharing?
psyclone001 patch pack needed!

1 Like

I’m not sure whether I saved all my patches before I sold it?
I will have a look

1 Like

Peak v1.2 Features include:

New wavetables
43 new wavetables have been added to the Oscillator Wave menus.

Additional modulators
Peak 1.2 adds two freely assignable, non-voice-specific LFOs (bringing the total to four) to the Mod Matrix and new FX Matrix. Pitch-Bend is now also available as a modulation source, with Up (BendWhl+) and Down (BendWhl-) assignable as separate signals if required.

New Mod Matrix design
Sources and destinations are presented on the same page – no more toggling between them to make and edit assignments. And as a knock-on benefit, the Page button now enables quick access to all 16 modulation slots.

FX Mod Matrix
You can now route non-voice-specific modulation sources to Peak’s FX parameters in the new four-slot FX Mod Matrix. Now you can, for example, expand and contract a reverb with a rhythmic LFO, or automate delay time changes using an envelope.

New envelope features
ADSRs sees the addition of a Hold stage (up to 500ms) and the ability to loop between the Attack and Decay stages. For many, this game-changing improvement alone will be reason enough to upgrade.

Initialise Manual Mode
Peak 1.2 gives you the option of maintaining the current positions of all knobs and sliders when the Initialise button is pressed, rather than resetting their parameters to defaults – ideal for getting instantly hands-on with new patches, and creating random ones from scratch. The previous behaviour can be reinstated in the Settings menu, of course, for those who prefer it.

Microtuning
Peak 1.2 also adds support for microtuning. 16 Tuning Tables can be edited and saved for recall within any patch, and automatic note selection makes MIDI note-to-pitch assignment a snap.

New presets
Available in Components, new Soundpacks from Patricia Wolf and GForce Software showcasing the new features of Firmware 1.2, as well as the sonic power and versatility of Peak in general.

Availability
Peak’s 1.2 firmware update will be available from the 19th December 2018 as a free download in the Components content manager linked to your Novation account.

4 Likes

The best way to reinitiate GAS with an existing item. Hats off.

6 Likes

and just as I thought my GASsing for PEAK had erm, peaked & gone away… my interest in this synth is now errm… piqued again. :slight_smile:

still holding off for NAMM though.

4 Likes

Omg, what a awesome update!
One reason why I didn’t got the Peak in the first time, was the limited amount of wavetables. But this problem will be solved soon!
And now it’s even possible to modulate effects…loop and hold function for the envelopes… the GAS is killing me!

Suchs a beautiful looking synthesizer. Hopefully they release a Peak II in a few years, with more voices, multitimbral, maybe a additional Filter and a FX section as broad as the one from the Virus ti.

1 Like

The only thing I can think of at the moment that would significantly improve it would be a state-variable filter (rather than switchable multimode). Or a dual filter that would let you vary the width of the bandpass region.

Even so, with the 1.2 update it’ll be extremely powerful.