Novation Launchpad Pro

I know. Actually for a long time but Novation had me sign an NDA

Hi @qlamerand ,

What does it mean ?

He knew it for the MKIII sequencer ?
Did you participate ?

Ok I get it. Thought he was talking about the mk2 fader mode …

He said too much, or not enough ? :content:

1 Like

It’s just that they talked to me when I was working on my sequencer and showed me theirs but I couldn’t tell anyone. Yay…

2 Likes

Like show me your seq soon, I’ll show mine ?
Which one is the biggest? :content:

And seriously how would you compare them?

3 Likes

Launch pad pro is great for playing the digitone and I’m going to route it out of digitone mid thru to A4 when I get it, put them on different auto channels and bounce back and forth. It’s excellent.

Hi,

do you think possible to attribute a CC to a pad and let the pressure modulate the amount of it with the launchpad pro ?

Thanks

Yes it’s a simple line of code

1 Like

This is great but I don’t understand why this feature is not offered if it is so simple … Any idea ?

And another question (sorry but you seem to be the good person for this :wink: ) : a custom firmware contain only one grid of 64 pads or can contain several grids (as much as the memory can) ?

It contains as much as the memory can. In the firmware I wrote, I have 32 sequences (tracks) of 32 steps, each containing a note, a velocity and a gate length. I have several other status stored like Mute or Beat Repeat for each track. I didn’t run into any memory issue yet.

They were impressed by what I had achieved with the limited resources and less powerful CPU. Of Theirs has probably a better resolution for tempi and ratchets, gates, etc. I’m actually proud of my beat repeat implementation (one that an old iPhone app I liked, Bleep!BOX, had). I’m not sure they implemented length and scale/speed per track.

2 Likes

I don’t understand why this feature is not offered if it is so simple to implement the pressure on a pad to modulate the amount of a CC … Any idea ?

You make me want to get into programming …

Well maybe it will come with a new update.
And everybody should get into programming in my opinion :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Hello! I’ve recently bought the first launchpad pro and i came across a video of your ThirtyTwo firmware. I was chocked, it is amazing! However, the link for “faqtor” seems to be down. Is there any other place where i can access it? I would really appreciate it. Thanks!

1 Like

Thank you! I know for the site. Sorry for that! I will setup a new site one day… In the meantime, here is a link to the latest release :
ThirtyTwo-2.1.zip

2 Likes

thank you so much for this!

Thank you very much.

Is this just for the Lauchpad Pro mk1 or can I use it with my Launchpad Pro mk2 too?