Novation circuit monostation

Gate and vca/filter/mod envelope are triggered by osc1 sequence. If you only have the first note trigged in the osc2 pattern, osc2 will play that note and for the rest it will follow the osc1 pattern.

If there is nothing in the osc2 pattern osc2 will double osc1.

1 Like

Oh and with a long gate osc2 will keep sounding that pitch whenever osc1 triggers the envelope.

Cool. Thatā€™s how I figured it would work. It seems like a very good way to solve it. A separate gate length of each osc. Looking forward to playing with the ring mod and different sequencer length for each osc!

1 Like

So both oscs will play the same pitch if you only use osc 1 sequencer? It seems like a very underrated little synth with lots to explore.

Correct. Then it s a 2 vco mono synth (+sub osc, noise & ring mod).

It seemed logical that it would work this way, but you never know. I was afraid i had to copy the osc 1 seq to osc 2 for ā€œregular 2 oscā€ synth sounds.

All of the above is correct, but itā€™s worth adding that it has a Paraphonic mode which when switched on will allow either osc1 or osc2 to trigger the vca amp envelope. When turned off on li osc1 triggers it and you only hear a different note for osc2 if osc1 is also triggering the envelope at the same time.

but track 3 has no note information

I think i read that after the V1.2 firmware that you can change the mod sequencer to do cv/gate out as an independent note sequencer. Hold shift and press something to enter a setup menu.

1 Like

True.

oh yes it wasnā€™t updated to the new firmwareā€¦ this is so nice! :smiley:

Yes. I use this a lot to sequence my 0-coast. Very nice!

I just received and registered one of my 2 new Mono Stations, I only registered the first one as the other isnā€™t being delivered until tomorrow but I have a question.

Ivā€™e opened the Novation Cloud software as I wanted to completely wipe the machine, both patches and sessions but it doesnā€™t seem to work here OR Iā€™m just doing something wrong.

Any ideas how to wipe my Circuit Mono Station?

Thanks

Deleting sessions and patches manually is super fast. I wouldn t bother going through the web interface. Hold clear pressed and press each patch/session button.

2 Likes

Thanks mate I just read the manual and started doing that now. Seems to be a cool machine I like the sound of it :+1:

1 Like

Bumping :slight_smile:
Mine is coming in the next daysā€¦ My Model:Samples will have a partner :tada:

1 Like

iā€™ve bought two Mono Station units on april sale.
still waiting for the end of quaratine to have them here in my hands (for taxes optimization reasons).
already given them names ā€” Angus and Malcolm :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
going to pair them with Roland HandSonic HPD-15.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve just sold mine on eBay today. Iā€™m a bit sad to see it go as it is a fantastic machine, but Iā€™m simplifying my rig so that everything is sequences from Elektron machines. Half the fun of the CMS is itā€™s sequencer but I just didnā€™t want to be wrestling too many sequencers anymore. Itā€™s a very underrated synth in my opinion but I just found myself using my Monologue far more.

1 Like

Mine should arrive anytime between tomorrow and Thursday. To be paired with an Akai Force and Microfreak. This will be fun

1 Like

All happy 'cause I just worked out how to use the mod patterns for smooth filter modulations = acid squelching with hands free to manipulate other devices :sunglasses:

I find automation recording and LFO too repetitive for such things. Mod patterns can have a different step count and speed than the osc patterns, and thereā€™s ping pong and other play modes for lots of variation.

Tip: although glide parameters are accessible when in a mod pattern they donā€™t work. Theyā€™re really just for osc 1 and 2 pitch. Smooth is your friend. A pity the smoothing slope isnā€™t a variable setting but Iā€™m happy with the sound I got.

1 Like