Novation Bass Station II (2)

looks really nice

I’ll ask Novation about it.

1 Like

i think it popped up for 25th anniversary of bass station sometime last year.
just a black case / different stickers . arturia tried the same with some sticker overlays on microbrute .

You could enter for a chance to win the black limited edition BS II by liking a certain post / Facebook page online. There was a winner, perhaps more, so that sweepstakes is over. It would be nice to re-release this black one though. It looks sick!

3 Likes
2 Likes

cool stuff. i want to try it now. need a bs2 first

That’s pretty sick!

Novation learned from Elektron. Presetlocks. :+1:t2:

you beat me to it!

I just saw this and now I want to leave work early to get home immediately.

i’ve never really liked my BSII all that much, but Novation have made it impossible to not like it.

that’s 2 insane updates in, what, like one year?!

just ordered a bs2 after the update, because its dead cheap compared to modular gear. this looks like a nice little playground. well done novation!

Really torn between this and the Monostation. The monostation is cheaper and fits in my space perfectly, but the retrigger envelopes on the bs2 are attractive. Good thing I’m in no rush.

I’ve still been getting used to the BS 2, I haven’t even got around to this update. Looks like it adds a ton of great features!

Fwiw I’ve had the BSII for a while and tried out the MS. The BSII’s filter is way more wicked and the extra envelope is indispensible. And now with this update you can use the BSII as an analog drum machine which eliminates one of the other things MS had dor it.

1 Like

:sunglasses:

1 Like

Nice!

1 Like

Anyone care to share a picture of a bass station II power supply? I lend it to someone and he lost the power supply. In order to ease the search i thought to send him a picture of what it looks like (does it say ‘novation’ on it?), but unfortunately no-one seems to show off their power supply pictures on the webs…

4 Likes

Wow that was quick! Thanks!

2 Likes

Howdy… I’m looking at purchasing the Bass Station 2 for use with a wind controller. When I look at the MIDI implementation in the BS2 PDF, I see stuff like this:
frequency - cc - 16:48 - 0 to 255
I’m not sure how to read that or how I’d control something that went past the normal 127 steps.
My Yamaha WX5 is configurable to send breath, aftertouch, pitchbend & modulation CC, but will I actually be able to control any of the parameters on the BS2 besides note and velocity? Has anyone used an external controller - a keyboard controller for instance - and been able to send aftertouch data and mod wheel data from that keyboard and had it effect the BS2? Also does an external sequencer record the filter frequency (big knob) and output that back into the BS2 on playback? I feel like the BS2 is missing MIDI controller assignments but maybe it can still respond nicely to my WX5 - I’d just like to be sure. Thanks anyone for responding to my rambling.