Notes cutting off in poly mode

Hi! I am still exploring my Analog Keys and most things fall into place now. However, yesterday I run into something I just can’t figure out…hope someone can help me!

I am using an empty pattern and cleared the kit…so all tracks have the default, initialized patch.
I enable all four voices in poly mode. I make the pattern four bars long, 64 steps. Now, I want to put four notes in this pattern, each note starting on the very first step of each measure. In this case an A for the first measure, C for the second, E for the third and G for the fourth. Ok, no problem…I set note length to 16 steps so that every note sustains for the entire measure.

This pattern, of course now plays back as expected. Now, on the same track I just want to play along with the notes that are recorded. I still have 3 voices left…so this should not be a problem. However, when I hit a note on the keyboard at the same time that the sequencer plays back the recorded notes, the recorded notes don’t sound any more…for as long as I hold down the key on the keyboard. When I play notes between these recorded steps there is no problem.

I just can’t understand what is happening here…I tried different poly modes…no difference. And there are four notes available. Only when I switch to another empty track I can play along without any notes disappearing.

Am I doing something wrong?

Best regards,

Pieter

So these “4 notes” are playing on one track? If these 4 notes are playing on 4 different tracks, each track will use a voice and you will be essentially using all 4 voices.

Hi! On one track yes. But even when you are just using two voices on one track, one voice used for recording some trigs and one voice used for playing on the keyboard, this happens. Maybe a bug? I created a support ticket on the Elektron site but I am still waiting for a reply. Thanks anyway and greetings.