Note Priority and Portamento

Hello, how and where can i set Note Priority when in Mono Mode?
As in, i want the last Key pressed to play, like any other Keyboard.
If you hold a Key down and you keep pressing the rest they should
trigger and when released the pressed one to retrigger.
Another thing, where do i find the Parameters for Portamento?
I mean the actual Value, i have activated Portamento and Legato.

And no, Slide in OSC 2 does not affect it at all, i am talking about
playing the actual keys, for live performance, not in Sequencer.
And yes everything is as it should be, Legato on, Portamento to
On or to Legato, none of them works.

Thanks

No one?

Anyone knows where can i get help for this?

I’m not sure to understand the questions.
Are you looking for note slide ? (Fn+Bank C/G)

If you are talking about the analog four, then pressing shift+osc1 button brings you to the sound settings, where you can alter the legato-behaviour.

The slide time on the osc2 page controlls the portamento time
The autobend (BND) on osc2 page should NOT be used.

Be aware that best results with legato are achieved by selecting envelope shapes NOT starting with the dot. (dots represent retriggering envelopes)

All this info is quite clearly laid out in the manual, together with a lot more useful info. You can find the manual here

1 Like

Thanks Guys, to be clear, i am just looking for a Basic Portamento like any other
Synth on the planet but it seems like on this you have to go thru a lot of trouble.
My biggest problem is note Priority, retriggering, i am talking about playing the
Keys not the Seq, You hold a note down and then when you press another key
to cut this and trigger the other, what is known in other synths as Last Note Priority.
I can probably demonstrate with a Short video.

Now, on the Factory Sounds the Note Priority is how i wanted but on the ones
i created before it is not and i can not find a setting to change it.

Thanks

Additional tip: check your poly-settings of the kit you’re working in.

When a sound is on a track that is assigned to be poly, all the typical monosynth-settings for priority and portamento are ignored…

1 Like

Poly settings seems to be the most obvious reason if legato and last note priority don’t work, when you press keys.

I checked dotted envelopes, legato works.

Hi - did you ever get a way to make this work properly?

To be clear I think what the OP and I are both after is, for example, when playing the A4 with a MIDI keyboard, to be able to do the following:

• Synth track is in mono
  • Hold a long bass note, keep it held
  • Press a short octave and release
  • Without having to re-trigger the long bass note, the low note resumes as soon as the shorter high one stops

On the Moog Voyager this is in the ‘Key options’ and is called ‘Last Key’ mode… is there a way to do this on the A4? It really helps when playing basslines…

To be clear my current track is:

• set to ‘not poly’ on the poly config page
  • I’ve tried Portamento on / Legato off, Portamenton on / Legato on, Portamento off / Legato on, and none of them seem to make any real difference to key order / priority… also checked every page in Overbridge.

EDIT - weirdly enough it does behave exactly as expected if you play the part on the local keys, but it’s quite hard to play octaves in anything but C so I need to use the external synth! MIDI is just sending on the relevant OB channel in Logic, and the same method works for playing my other monosynths in this manner.

Thanks!