Not working sending notes?

Hello everyone,

I’m solving a problem with Digitakt. In the last week, I am solving a problem that has not happened to me before.
First I will describe how my gear is connected.
The main unit is: Analog Four MKII (MIDI OUT) -> (MIDI IN) Analog Rhythm MKII (MIDI THRU) -> (MIDI IN) Digitakt (MIDI OUT) -> MIDI THRU BOX
I have Monologue and BassStation II connected to the MIDI THRU BOX.

And here comes the problem. When I press “Play” on A4, all units start, but the synths that are supposed to control Digitakt do not play,
although the trigs on Digitakt flash. So the notes seem to be being sent, but the synths don’t make any sound.
When I then press A4 “Stop”, both synths (Monologue and BassStation II) suddenly emit a short error sound like an 8-bit.
Then when I press “Play” again, it plays normally.
I have noticed that the problem usually occurs when changing the Pattern. I mean, Pattern switches to Digitakt everywhere, but the synths don’t play.

Digitakt even froze me twice and in addition the green diode stopped shining in mute mode, but it probably has no connection …

Does anyone know what to do with it? Is there a problem with a CC message, or will it be necessary to send Digitakt for service?

Thanks for the anwers.

I apologize for my English :slight_smile:

What are your midi settings in the DT?

Clock receive - YES
Clock send - NO
Program CH Receive - YES
Program CH Send - YES

If I’m remember it correctly from the manual you will have to use the midi out port and not the midi thru port because the MIDI THRU port duplicates the data arriving at the MIDI IN port

Or /and check the setting of your trig key dest

I want to duplicate information coming to Rhythm. The main unit is A4, which gives information. Rytm does not send any information. Digitakt receives and then sends the information, which has a problem for the last week.

We need to clarify what you are trying to do between the DT and your two synths. (Don’t worry - your English is fine.)

Are you trying to sequence (send note messages to) the Monologue and BS2, or to have their sequencers run in synchronization with the DT? If the latter, you will need to send MIDI Clock messages from the DT.

Which version number of the operating system is running on the DT? Did you update it recently?

Can you connect the output of the DT to a computer and run a MIDI monitor program to see what MIDI messages the DT is sending?

1 Like

I have MIDI clock sending turned off intentionally. I only want to send notes from Digitakt. I have installed the version of Digitakt 1.20. I don’t know what you mean by connecting to a MIDI monitor. Is this any special software? I think that a component broke down in Digitakt, because before that it all worked normally.