Not getting the sounds out of the MnM that I was hoping for

What I realized after I sold the MnM was that the sounds I got from it were amazing and that, even though I didn’t think it’d fit in my current musical palette, it’s almost to unique not to write songs around sometimes.

+1 to MNM for bass and poly sounds, and analog processing.

After going through the “analog bass = best synth bass” thing, thinking I got the ultimate with the Minitaur, I have actually come to find that the MNM is my favorite synth for bass. The poly sounds are incredible too, and layer very well with analog polys.

Using multiple tracks to layer and add effects is the key, and external processing. It’s fun to build most of a track on the Mono but I get the most mileage using it for one sound at a time.

Monomachine has been my favorite synth for years and remains so for its unique sound. I just get some weird stuff out of it that I can’t imagine getting with anything else. I have also heard perhaps some of my least favorite synth sounds come from the Mono, but that’s because it’s so versatile and deep.

Anyway, thanks for letting me ramble about my favorite synth while I wait out the work day. :wink:

4 Likes

I traded my MNM for an A4 near the end of last year. While I really like the A4 I desperately miss the MNM. I look back and regret losing what I had for what I gained. I felt the MNM has sounds that no other machine can replicate. While analog is nice in the A4, that crispness of the digital fm synthesis is just flat out awesome. I will be getting another one, and when I do, it’s not going anywhere.