Bring back the days of the Analog Keys

I’m confused. Bigger, clunkier, and harder to use machines are better? Why?

2 Likes

I’m 34 and because of these smaller devices I can write and mix entire tracks with a few boxes I pull out of a bag. Shit?

2 Likes

Of course not but you get the idea

Huh, there are other people out there who share the same opinion as you? That’s quite a revelation. Elektron made a machine that could appeal to the masses… maybe the only rational thing to do is complain about it. God forbid, Elektron came out with a product that’s accessible, easy to use, and has great sound potential. But it’s not as deep as the Octatrack, oh no! Our beloved Elektron has sold out, might as well speculate on what could have been, and re: those people who are having fun with a Digitone - well, we’ve gotta let 'em know that they’re actually not having fun, that in fact they are suckers who fell for some prefab bullshit device. It’s the internet after all, and I really have to let them know what I think. How else will the sheeple learn?

4 Likes

No problem. Just buy four of these and you will get almost the same. Minus the parameter locks, any knobs, sequencer, filters, hundreds of save slots, USB, input, effects, overbridge, X-Y mix, external sequencer and portability.

But you will get more algorithms and voices and 6 instead of 4 fm operators.!

4 Likes

4 operators, man. might as well sever a limb while we’re at it. talk about limited functionality… I don’t wanna sound just like Justin Beiber OR “Tuss”
…so lame

Personally, I’m a huge fan of the new form factor and UI. I find the new boxes to be extremely intuitive, ergonomic and aesthetic.

3 Likes

and 5 octave keyboard

As far as i know, these are not build in the far east, always pressing on the price does not help. Its a little factory in Sweden, and the cost of living is much higher as in the far east. I am happy to support a manufacturer in Europe, it means jobs in Europe.

1 Like

Im not complaining at all, just saying i think the small form factor direction is not the second coming.
Would have loved to see the the Digitone in same enclosure as AK. Im actually a big fan of the company.

used to the SE ways & the Model D…this was nice for me…that they added the Xmod, thats stuff I do with my Mixers & things like that to bring in feedback…but this was more non Feedback…which I like cuz it doesnt get stuck on “certain” stuff…only whats driving it.
the limitations I like…makes me have to think…hey its small, inexpensive…their “HAS”…to be flaws.
don’t forget its analog! so lets start talking these puppy’s apart fooz!
as soon as I get one…
thats whats going down!

Not digging the grammar in the title.

5 Likes

Oh swell. A plural with an apostrophe.

3 Likes

Someone at that little factory needs to be fired judging by the amount of people here and on gearslutz reporting DTs, DNs and mk2 boxes arriving with hardware defects and failing their own diagnostic self tests… Unless of course someone higher up just told them to send the boxes out without testing so as to meet the demand.

Either way, it’s becoming clear that the little factory in Sweden isn’t cutting it and something needs to change…

3 Likes

There is something for everyone.

1 Like

I’m 38 years old and, lately been using only the Digitakt and OP-1. I don’t make “EDM” either. I’ve been producing for about 18 years and have used pretty much every thing out there at one time or another. It’s not the gear used, but the person using it. I’ve made amazing music with many so called “toys”.

8 Likes

People here seem to be missing the point of the DT & DN. If the smaller boxes added all the features people wanted, they’d be as large and expensive as the bigger boxes…

If they did everything that certain people think a ‘serious’ bit of equipment should do, they’d be so expensive and unwieldy that it wouldn’t be worth it for 99% of people. It’s just not viable for any company to produce.

Hardware CANNOT compete with computers in terms of pure music production power. Instead, modern hardware focuses on being fun, intuitive and easy to jam out quick beats on. As (IMO) it should.

3 Likes

i must say im still hoping a few features get added to the DT, it feels a touch half-baked, but man o man do i love the new form factor n UI.
the DN sounds lush n seems really flexible. its taking the place of my now ex-A4 and i cant wait to get me mitts on it.

1 Like

This is a straw man argument, I don’t see anybody in this thread saying either box should have all the features people want, most just desire a couple of tweaks here and there to make them more flexible.

That, and Overbridge - which was promised and prominently touted by Elektron as a reason to buy these products.

I’m really dissapointed in this thread. 1/10 for me. Would not participate in again.

5 Likes