Nord drum 3p triggering analog rytm mk2

Hi All

has anyone tryed to use the nord drum 3p’s pad to trigger analog rytm.
the nord is fixed in the midi note number of what it transmits .
the manul says

nt - MIDI Note: each of the six Channels can be assigned to respond to an incoming mIdI note. When the Nord drum 3P is shipped from the factory, Channels 1 to 6 are assigned to mIdI note numbers: 60, 62, 64, 65, 67 and 69.

60 is c4

i dont think the output of the pads vcan be changed in the nord

the rytm manual says

Of the 128 notes in the standard MIDI range, 0–11 corresponds to notes C0 through to B0, the leftmost oc- tave (which is sometimes called C-2–B-2 in certain applications) will trigger the Sound of track 1 through to track 12, respectively (provided they are set to their default channels 1–12). These note values map to each of the twelve tracks, regardless of which track is active.

i cant seem to find anywhere in the rytm manual where you can change what note value you want each pad to be triggered by either …

i think there maybe a midi program or maybe a way in a daw you could maybe convert an incoming note to a different value , however . might get some latencey , dunno…

anyone got both machines or know them well enough to steer me in the right direction …

would be cool to have all three layers to play with …

Yes, I have a Nord Drum 3P set up so its pads trigger an Analog Rytm. You can change the default MIDI note numbers of the Nord Drum 3P pads on the Nord Drum itself to align with the MIDI note numbers of the Analog Rytm pads of your choosing. This setup works great and is crucial for me since the pads on the Analog Rytm are the weakest aspect of an otherwise classic device.

1 Like

Oh.
thank you , i will have to delve back and re re read the manual .
i did get it working , with bitwig , had to make a midi track for each pad and filter all the middi cc info. to just the note number coming from the nord . cuz it was triggering every drum.
for some reason …

If I remember correctly, all you need to do is enter the MIDI menu on the Nord Drum, then get to “nt” (MIDI Note) in the menu. Hit the pad you want to edit and then scroll to the MIDI note number you want to assign the pad to (Range: n.0 - 127), and repeat for the rest of the pads. After that you’re all set.

@DoHza did this work for you? Thinking about buying a Nord 3P as well but reading some conflicting messages on whether it can trigger other devices via Midi. I know it can be used in Ableton so should be fine, but was wondering if you managed to set it up with your Rytm

Yes it can trigger other devices and you can set the notes as described.

Yes
I did get the nord to trigger the rytym , long time ago but yes it’s defo doable with great results too very tight . No latensey

2 Likes