Nord Drum 2 - Hesitation

ah, so you route midi from the outs on the nd2 to control other things eh?

i’d be really curious about using the pads to control the DT or even something like the MM.

Yup.

I think you can midi Assign notes to each pad to correspond to then sound you want to activate on the DT and MM

I’ve wanted a ND2 forever but they’re so rare these days… I’ve been thinking of buying the pad while they’re still available as a way to lock me into eventually buying a ND2 when one pops up :wink:

4 Likes

^ i feel ya. i bought a nd1 a couple of years ago but didn’t like how limited it was. always thought if i wanted a nd2 down the line it’d be easy to source.

anyhoo, i removed the AR from my setup looking to replace it with an adx1 and nd2, and ouf, i spent a week looking for it / constantly refreshing forums. i finally nabbed one via FB (who would’ve thought?).

they’re going for a premium now too…i paid $500 with the pad but i’ve seen just the module sell for $500.

g’luck!

2 Likes

Damn that’s quite a deal!

I have plenty of things to make percussion sounds with so I’m not in a rush, but every time I check out ND2 demos I get wanting one again. I really like some of the sounds from this one:

3 Likes

really like the pads, they’re so sensitive and fun to play, but i wish they would output midi on the individual midi channels for each sound instead of the global midi channel.

still contemplating on keeping them…hmm.

1 Like

In case anyone is still looking, I believe I’m going to be selling a Nord Drum 2 (latest panel graphics, mic stand, no pads).
I’m in the US so before I post a general FS I thought I’d open it to the folks on this thread first.

PM is fine and I’ll respond in order.

1 Like

I’m looking but it’s not a good time money-wise for me (will be in a couple weeks though). Hope it goes to a good home :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ll piggyback off of oldergearguy’s post and say that I’ll most likely be putting my Nord Pad up for sale as well.

Cheers!

You keeping the module though right?

yep yep!

i was just having issues with recording outgoing midi from the pad to the digitakt. it’d work using the auto channel but nothing else.

if i had less stuff in my setup, i’d totally keep it. it’s super expressive and lends a whole new lens to creating percussion, but with my current setup it kinda muddles things.

1 Like

just to let folks know - I had a lot of responses and it’s going to a good home, so thanks to all that contacted me.

5 Likes

Les trade some kits!

Nord Beat 3 is out and ios 11-compatible :slight_smile:

1 Like

Cool.
Being digital it would be great if they could squeeze the actual synth engine into that app as well, as a paid upgrade

Of course they won’t… would eat hardware sales…

Yeah probably
Though I do question sales of the ND3
I wonder how successful it is, with the integral drum pad built in?
Still think they should have an option without pads, as per the ND2.
From what I can gather most people seem to be trying to track down a ND2 rather than buy a new ND3.
Wouldn’t have a clue though really

Hi there,

I’ve had a Nord Drum 2 + Nord Pad combination for a while now, and just recently the Pad stopped working properly. Owners will know it’s connected to the ND2 module through an ethernet cable (original cable gone at this point).

It seems like something is wrong with the Nord Pad’s ethernet port. Sometimes it works fine, and sometimes it plays completely wrong notes, usually at a very low velocity. If I wiggle the cable a little near the Pad’s ethernet port, then it shifts between working/not working.

I’ve tested four different cables, and they all lead to slightly different versions of the same problem. Two cables simply won’t work correctly, even if I wiggle the cable a bit.

Everything was working fine until the problem suddenly appeared. This is extremely frustrating as it can’t be used live at all now, and it’s extremely unreliable in the studio.Any thoughts, ideas or suggestions would be VERY appreciated as the Nord Drum 2 is at the centre of my whole creative workflow.

A what a fun combo. ND2 + OT, conditional trigs, trig counts, midi lfos, midi cc’s and the arp make me very happy :wink:

12 Likes

Hi. I know that is has to be a certain type of Ethernet cable, not your usual computer one. I had issues when I tried a longer one, so had to revert to using the supplied red one. Hope that’s helps

1 Like