Norand Mono (Analog Bass Synth with Sequencer)

Give this a listen, it sounds pretty exciting, and it looks good to, with some good features.

A new hardware analog bass synth with sequencer fromsome of the same developers that did the Squarp. This thing has a ton of modulation sources.

An article about it from SynthAnatomy:

Their home web-site:

12 Likes

Damn that looks awesome!!

1 Like

€890,- is pretty steep for a monosynth.

I do like the design though. But not sure I’m to keen on every synth having their own sequencer (unless if it’s really exceptional).

…okay - just checked the demos. This thing sound amazing! Very rich and varied. Maybe I want one anyway :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Looks sweet. Nice that they’ve implemented patch locking in the sequencer.

2 Likes

Sounds very nice indeed.

1 Like

Looks awesome. Lots deeper than the front panel suggests. E.g. every knob on the top panel, (2 rows) has its own independent LFO and AD envelope.

2 Likes

Ow. Nice!

Through zero FM on an analog monosynth. I think thats a first. Sounds very cool!

3 Likes

Well this is definetly on the radar, seems to have some unique features even compared to Analog Four!

1 Like

First impressions - sounds pretty beefy. And the modulation specs are very, very impressive.

AFAIK outside modular - yes.

1 Like

I’m down.

1 Like

Lovely design and options are just incredible.
A bit scared of 666 price!

1 Like

I guess that just shows what a beast this synth is.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

I was posting to another thread about synths with randomization, and saw that there is some good features for randomization with the Norand Mono. From their home page.

Creative Randomizer

• Quandtized note randomizer
  • Ranged parameter automation randomizer
  • Step randomizer
  • Mod note randomizer
  • Microshift/Probability/Ratchet randomizer
2 Likes

Holy synth for evil money :slight_smile:

1 Like

Pretty nifty Synth. The modulations are huge. :exploding_head:

I’ve seen that the SequencerTalk will make an Livestream with the guys from Norand on next Tuesday.

3 Likes

A link to their manual:

This thing looks awesome — the real deal.

Just like the Squarp Pyramid defining its own space, i think the Norand Mono will too.

ADDED:

• it does both East and West coast analog synthesis.
  • It has thru-zero FM.
  • An interesting high functioning analog multi-mode filter.
  • Mod Note Mode— Allows creation of up to 40 custom temporary patch or timbre per projects to be played and recorded.
  • Randomizer for page, pitch, step, parameter, accent, slide, and for the Mod Note Mode.
  • Separate Voltage outputs for, pitch, gate, modulation, and accent. This will be good with Eurorack.
6 Likes

I’m on the waiting list now.

3 Likes

The same two concerns for me, but I do like the sequencing options, and I have a use for sequencing on a compact bass monosynth. That price: it’s affordable, just more than you’d want to pay for this. Even so, I wait listed, so we’ll see how it goes at the moment of truth.

1 Like

Just landed. That’s this afternoon taken care of.

19 Likes

ooh la la, mine should arrive any day now too!