Noobie DT question: any point in using both outputs to audio interface/mixer?

Since the DT is not stereo, does it matter? Is the volume louder with two cables running from it?

Definitely use both outputs.

1 Like

Digitakt puts out a stereo image, with panned elements. run both outputs to a mixer, then out to two amps - pan L/R, etc.

1 Like

Also the delay has a ping-pong option, which you’ll need stereo to use.

1 Like

It doesn’t record stereo samples, but it outputs stereo effects.

1 Like

Okay that makes sense. Thanks. As a follow-up question, what to do about the fact that so many mixers (in my price range at least) have only one or two stereo inputs? I have the A&H Zedi-10 and it only has two. I was looking at a couple of Soundcrafts and they only have two. At the moment, I have three synths that have effects and two outputs each, but only two stereo line inputs on the mixer, along with four mono line inputs.

I’ve a ZED 10 myself - you have effectively two more stereo inputs via the 4 mono inputs on your mixer. Put your left output (from the instrument) into one of the mono inputs and pan it left… the right output into another mono input on the mixer and pan right.

Works just fine… just be sure to balance your levels and match your other mixer settings (EQ, FX, etc)…

This is what Bruin suggested earlier in this thread…

Another option may involve making use of multiple inputs on your sound card (if you are using one…) and routing via the soundcard mixer.

2 Likes

two mono channels = one stereo channel