Noob questions

still no luck and midi cc out is int+ext

How do I get a trig to just play once… Not looking for a once-shot… I just want it to play once untill it switches from a different bank

There’s a trig condition for ‘play first only’

I got it:) another question… I have my OT and DN connected together thru midi… how do I make so when I do a bank change on my OT it will change the banks on my DN… or just you my OT to change the banks on the DN only.?

You can synchronize pattern changes on the two instruments by using MIDI Program Change messages.

In the OT’s PROJECT > MIDI > SYNC menu:

• activate PROG CH SEND;
  • set the CHANNEL number to match the number set for PROG CH IN CH in the DT’s GLOBAL > MIDI CONFIG > CHANNELS menu.

In the DN’s GLOBAL > MIDI CONFIG > SYNC menu, activate PROG CH RECEIVE.

2 Likes

Let’s talk LFOs. I never really understood how to use the params TRIG, MULT and SPD.

I want to set a LFO to slowly open a filter cutoff from zero to max during a 64-step pattern. What combination of these params should i use ?

There’s a pdf floating around of the LFO and delay time values. I believe 1x is set to be the length of a bar, and the default SPD setting (whatever it is) is that same length. Idk, but try taking that drfsult speed setting and dividing it by 4 to get 4 bars aka 64 steps. Set the shape to saw up

What don’t you understand about TRIG? The manual explains it better than I can.

1 Like

I would like the LFO cycle to start when a new pattern starts, not when a trig starts… is this possible ?

I think there is a way to cycle through trig types so that (FUNC+trig) to get to one that won’t trigger LFOs…

Another workaround is taking this one track with all its trigs and recording it so that it’s just one track with one trig and then applying the LFO that way

Setting the lfo trig mode to “sync trig” will restart the lfo at the beginning of a track, it restarts every time the track loops.

1 Like

The problem is my sample is short and in a 64-step pattern i have lots of trigs of the same sample. What i’m trying to achieve is to use a LFO that will slowly open the filter during the 64-step duration. I could p-lock each trigger to slowly increase the filter cutoff, but i’m just trying to use a LFO to avoid manual labor, if possible :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

But that’s what sync trig does, doesn’t it?

[Quote]SYNC TRIG will restart the LFO on track start. The LFO then plays continuously.
[/quote]
Try speed 32, mult 1x.

Btw, heres the lfo and delay times conversion sheet:
https://www.elektronauts.com/files/422

4 Likes

There’s “trig” and “sync trig” modes… Trig is the behavior your thinking, sync trig does what you’d like, even if the name doesn’t sound like it would… :smile:

3 Likes

A little puzzled not sure what i’m doing wrongt… I have it so my OT is in control of my DN… I have a squence programed in the OT to play on the DN… it plays, but not in the right key… the original note on the DN is in key of C5 (which I want)… but i set the trig on the OT play C5 it’s actually playing C6 on the DN… but to get a C6 note to play on the DN, i need to set the trig notes on the OT to C4??

What am I doing wrong :slight_smile:

what do you mean by root global? where do I find that… also one other questions… on my DN… how to copy I copy the exact same pattern and selected pacthes to another bank?

Thanks everyone

I can get it to copy the pattern but not hte sound… still can’t find root global

Is there a quick way to make OT’s MIDI keyboard not be in C?

For instance, when I’m inputting MIDI notes and I’m in chromatic mode, I see the little keyboard at the bottom of the screen, I see it say F (which I would assume is the key, but it’s not as trig 1 is a C) and then the octave below it.

Transpose under the arp settings doesn’t do anything–as that’s probably only for the arp. Changing the note in the note settings doesn’t do anything, as that’s probably a per-trig basis.

Is there any way to make the OT “keyboard” (the trig keys that light up “all white keys” as it were) play in a different key than C?

I think I just learned the hard way that patterns contain scenes…I don’t think I like this fact. I wish scenes were contained at the bank level. Or I guess I could go in and copy and paste all my scenes.

Yikes.

I also just learned that patterns associate themselves with parts? Which is a pretty cool feature!

1 Like

Chromatic mode always starts with C as the first trig. The “F” you see is to the left of some arrows which is supposed to suggest to hold "F"unction plus the left or right arrow to go up or down an octave…

2 Likes