Noob questions

Thank you very much for the info guys, i’m almost there but i’m still missing something. Here is the details :

• I want to set the Ob6 synth to Bank 1, program 18. So the image below shows is how i configured the Midi Note Setup. I suppose when i set this way, everytime the first note is triggered, a Program change will be sent to the Ob6, right ? Somehow this is not happening, actually nothing is happening, the notes are being played, but no program change is being made ; the synth will play on the Bank / Program it’s set at the moment.

Any hints ?

In project -> midi -> sync do you have program change send on?

2 Likes

Unfortunately, no. Correct me if I’m wrong, but AFAIK it is sent only once at the beginning of a pattern. You can send another one with a different part (I didn’t try with part change but pattern change, with a different associated part). That is also a problem concerning OT prog changes / bank changes. Consecutive Control Changes with same values are also not sent.
I’d like an option to be able to change that behavior I don’t like.

Edit : With double stop you can send the prog change and default CCs values again, IIRC.
Also possible to send again the prog change and bank number by changing values, validate, set wanted values again. Practical isn’t it? :sketchy:

5 Likes

I think @sezare56 is right

Manual:

The setting made here is sent every time a pattern linked to another part becomes active.

6 Likes

So i could confirm the Octa is sending the Program change correctly ; when i load a project, the Ob6 is going to the right program. But the same won’t happen for the Bank, the Ob6’s bank will not change. Any hints or this is more an Ob6 related issue ?

OT issue. It sends CC0 only. OB6 bank change is CC32 apparently. Please check.
If it’s CC32, check this (same principle) :

1 Like

so Elektron seems to have used the only synth in the world which uses cc0 for bank change?

1 Like

Pretty much. Read this topic for more:

3 Likes

Thank you , this worked ! Not so good as the ‘regular’ method, but at least i can do it putting a trigger on the step sequencer.

OT never fails to surprise me :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Is there a way to p-lock an entire track ? I’m trying a faster (and pattern-economy) way to do the following with only one pattern : i want the T2 plays only the 2:2 part of the sequence. I know i can do it per trig but this is a laborious task if you have lot of notes. Any other way ?

Thanks !

Could you elaborate? I don’t get it.

Not sure if I get it right what you are looking for but that’s what the arranger is for.

I think he wants to slap a 2:2 conditional on every trig on the track at the same time instead of trig by trig, this can’t be done. You could put on the locks, use 1/2 track scale and move the trigs if 1/8 note resolution is OK, or you can chain two patterns… Probably more ways…

4 Likes

You are correct, i was trying to find a way to do a 2:2 condition in every trig without having to do it trig by trig, but it seems there is no other way. Thanks anyway !

It can be faster if you copy trigs once you set TRC.

Other way with Play Free Track triggered by a midi track note, with TRC. Not very convenient.

Also if you set the first trig to 2:2 and subsequent trigs to PRE, they can at least be changed more easily down the line by changing only the first trig.

6 Likes

So i just noticed if i copy a pattern from bank A (let’s say A1) to bank B (for instance B1), somehow the pattern is copied, but not the Midi channels ! I ended up with B1 with all the Midi channels empty. Is there a easier way without having to input each midi channel on each track ?

You need to also copy the part used for the first pattern and paste it onto the part the pattern copy is using… This only has to be done when pasting a pattern onto another bank, within the same bank it would by default use the same part, but each bank uses its own 4 parts not connected to the other banks…

7 Likes

Just getting into midi sequencing with my OT. So much I don’t understand, don’t even know what questions to ask yet :slight_smile:

1 Like

Studying midi sequencing stuff on the OT now. Confounding and strange setup. I’ve done some crazy stuff so far, but I’d kind of like to know what’s actually happening instead of stabbing in the dark until it sounds good.
I’ll just be over here cussing at a manual if anyone needs me :slight_smile:

1 Like