Noob Question - Firmware Updates and Notifications

Is there any sort of notification sent out to users in regards to firmware updates? When Elektron launches a new product, is there a typical schedule/time frame we can expect firmware updates to be rolled out?

1 Like

:dove: :hourglass:

1 Like

Elektron will put a notice in its weekly email to subscribers, and very likely on its various social network outlets (Facebook, Twitter, etc). Forum members typically post about updates here on Elektronauts within minutes of the release. I recommend subscribing to the weekly email.

Based on previous experience, bug fixes and small feature updates that weren’t in the initial release are likely to be here with a few weeks. More advanced features (like Overbridge enabling, planned for “this year” take a few months. Further features appear sporadically and often unannounced over the first few years of an instrument’s life.

3 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

Hi ! How long does Elektron usually release updates for its products ? It’s my first Elektron device, I hope Elektron is not into “planned obsolescence” :slight_smile: It doesn’t benefit to anyone in the long run :slight_smile:

I see Novation has been making drastic changes / updated to its “Circuit” over 4 or 5 years, that’s the kind of support I would love from any company ! (on the other hand, my new KaiOS or custom OS Nokia phones have tons of bugs and no update after the first year, ewww !)

Cheers !

No one knows what the future brings, but Elektron usually supports their devices for a very long time. After all these are no phones which gets replaced by new models each and every year.

4-5 year? Not bad, but: the Octatrack just got a new update and this device is 10 years old. So go figure.

2 Likes

Thanks for your reply ! Great, 10 years of support sound good indeed ! Well, it probably won’t apply to lower end products like the model-cycles/samples but time will tell !
Take care.