Noob question about change sound attributes while playing (help! :))

I usually have several patterns with exactly the same sound assignment in the 8 tracks and change from one pattern to another for the variations

And when I play live, I modify the sounds by putting distortion, changing the bit rate, etc. and I want these modifications to remain while I play

But when the pattern is changed, the sounds are reset and the modifications are lost

And the sound result is not good

Is there any way to change a sound and that change remains in the following pattern?

Thank you very much

3 Likes

Are you talking about some kind of shared kit?, if so it doesnt work like that. The patterns will remain in what ever state they were left so if you make changes to one pattern they will not be carried onto the one you change to. You either need to set them up in advance or work with copy/paste to make progression, thinking in terms of kits wont work with Digitakt.

1 Like

Thank digimatt!
For example I have a mini song with 2 patterns (both with exactly the same sounds) because I need more than 64 steps
I build a chain with these and I play the chain (pattern 1 + pattern 2 in loop)
I need to apply sound changes to the chain because this act like a “large” pattern

Is it possible?
If not, how can I make longer arrangements and apply sound changes to the complete arrangement?
Thanks!

I also want ideas for handling this situation. Like, it would be cool if you could select certain parameters to be “floating” and not reset on pattern changes!

In A4 there are sound kits and the attributes of the sounds are part of the kit.
If two patterns share the same kit, changes in sound attributes affect both patterns.

This isn’t how it is on the Digi boxes though. On the Digi boxes the kits are per pattern and not really kits in the sense that they dont function like the other boxes. Not really sure why they changed it as most elektron users seem to prefer the kit system.

1 Like

Working like that wont work without ninja copy and paste skills as any changes you make will need to be pasted in the following pattern before it changes. Copy/paste and reload are your friends though, think of a copied pattern as your alternate and use paste/reload to move between them, as well as pasting versions to other slots whilst playing, it takes a very different workflow and if you are used to working with kits can be quite jarring.

1 Like

On my first day with the DT, this was the thing I wasn’t sure about.

Is there a way to copy tracks with sounds?

When I needed to update both tracks with sounds, it was a lot of steps.

Best regards,

Gino