Noob: Portamento and legato

I tried to sequence trigless with parameter slides but it was not great. What are your settings?

No settings really, I just played it on my keyboard the way I wanted, and after it was recorded I changed some of the trigs to trigless and adjusted some lengths.

As sezare56 put it, you have to have the Unison mode active in the Poly Config menu in order for portamento to be active (Mini keyboard and sequencer**). At least on my A4 MkII.
Strangely, it is mentioned nowhere!

I canā€™t say anything about legato.

** in the sequencer, the Note Slide trigs have to be inserted

1 Like

On your Analog Keys tap on the Osc2 button until the led above it turns green. The lcd screen then shows parameters that affect both Osc1 and Osc2. Glide is one of these parameters. Its value is 0 to 127. But Glide needs to be enabled in Sound Settings via Portamento being On. Go to Sound Settings by tapping on the Sound button. Then browse to Settings with the up and down buttons or the big Sound Selection rotator. Then press the Yes/Save button. Browse to Portamento and enable it by tapping the right arrow button until it shows On. But this is not enough. Press Function + Kit to enter the Poly settings. Browse with the up and down buttons to Voices. Make sure the number of the track you are using is not ticked and thus is not included in the polyfonic assignment of voices otherwise there will be no glide because with Analog Keys glide is only available in mono. Hope this helps. Elektronā€™s UI isnā€™t quite intuitive.

I put it in the sequencer, more professional :laughing:

Summary

Sorry, Iā€™m being daft.