Noob Octarack question

Hey guys. I’ve had an analog 4 mk 1 for a little while and been given an octatrack as a present.

I want to use the octatrack to fire out samples that I have and have the analog 4 as a track that I can turn on and off as and when I need. So essentially I want to use say tracks 1-7 on the octatrack for samples and track 8 to bring in the a4.

I get that this is a total noob question but I’m inexperienced and have no idea how to set this up. Does anyone have the time to help me please?

You don’t need to use up a track if all you want to do is connect your A4 to your Octatrack’s inputs and hear it play.

1. Connect A4’s Left and Right outputs to corresponding AB inputs on Octatrack.
  2. Go to the MIX page on your Octatrack and set DIR to 127 for the “A B” inputs.

You reference wanting to be able to “turn on and off” the A4. Personally I think the best way to do this would be A4’s performance mutes feature, which would give you track-by-track control, rather than muting the whole A4 as it comes into the Octatrack’s AB inputs.

5 Likes

If you’d like to affect everything coming out of the OT you can do the great suggestion above and also mske track 8 on the OT the master and go crazy affecting this.

This

And also OP, this may be too obvious but I’ll say it anyway, connect the OT MIDI out to the A4 MIDI in and get them synced up so when you press play on OT, it plays the A4. Then do the other steps above and you’re golden.

yeah, i sense that a4 + ot may be one of the best combos out there