Noise music on the OT?

Holy crapppp wat

So the missing A in ambient to(m) would make it mbient which would go against the traditional spelling which would make it…Anti-Ambient

@Fin25 the riddle keeps getting deeper huh

1 Like

I made a lot of sounds on top of a beat mostly using single cycle waveforms and the delicious dark reverb/comb filter for extra metallic noises (you’ll understand around 45 seconds)

I hope this thread makes you consider the OT for its wonderful sound mangling

9 Likes

this are indeed really nice!

I really like where this tread is going :slight_smile: Really alot of nice sounds going on!!!

3 Likes

@Ayoub, you didn’t answered…:content:

2 Likes

I did this on the OT with only mobile phone recordings, some had been processed in iPad before

2 Likes

Nice!

1 Like

Not done on the OT, cos I don’t have one, but this is a noise track I made with the Digitakt, Lyra 8 and Analog heat. There’s a lot of percussion in it, mostly buried by the noise though. The DT is excellent for noise, especially paired with the AH. If you’re looking for deeper, glitchier mangling, the OT can do way more though, I guess.

4 Likes

Well I dont really listen to it and have never - so it’s kinda hard, to post an example.

But now I settled and will buy a OT and a sherman (maybe a AH instead, and the sherman later on… dunno) - when I get it up and running I’ll post an jam :slight_smile:

1 Like

Stoked to hear it! Woo

It kinda got me thinking about this Wishart piece

3 Likes

Id never heard of him. Will explore. Thanks!

Pharmakon Live

Some Power Electronics / Industrial
Octatrack and some other stuff

3 Likes

That’s interesting, don’t remember seeing her with an OT before

Haven’t seen anyone do noise with an Octatrack but I played a show about a year ago with someone who did a really good harsh noise set with an Electribe ESX-1, and that’s in the same ballpark I think, in terms of being sampler-oriented noise. Worked way better than I expected as someone who mostly grew up around a more pedals-and-feedback-loops kind of noise scene that tended to be suspicious of sequencing and digital equipment in general.

I actually saw a really good CDJ noise set a long time ago, too, at one of the first out-of-town Lightning Bolt shows I think.

1 Like

I was totally unaware of such suspicion. My experience of noise music in the UK over the last 20 years or so (as a consumer rather than an artist) has been super inclusive, with digital artists performing and collaborating with their more analogue counterparts.

Fractured Transmission

2 Likes

with a little help from MD and my old wristwatch…
recording, what’s between the notes.

1 Like

I’ve not started to explore yet but I’d have thought OT would be bang on for noise and power electronics. Plenty are using Boss samplers and simple synth sequences with lots of morphing and sound mangling.
just need more time (or less family!)

No beats here, just noise. OT with 0coast

1 Like