No sound with Analog Heat & Overbridge

Hi folks,

i have a huge problem!

I don’t get any sound out of the Analog Heat. Neither with Ableton nor with Logic when connected via Overbridge. The Heat is recognized and all the parameters work then i turn the knobs.
BUT I DON’T GET ANY SOUND OUT OF IT!!!

I only can see the input meter ‘jumping’.

I am running a MacBook pro from 2012 with Yosemite (10.10.5)

Does someone have an idea how i could fix it?

PS: I have the latest versions and drivers re-installed…

Would be great if anyone could help me

Best

Andy

PPS_ I have an external mixer (Mackie Onyx) connected via Firewire. Heat via USB and I would like it ti be on my Master or Bus Channel…

Upgrading to at least OSX 10.11.6 might help.
Good luck.
Andre.

Hi, thanks for the tip. Weirdly it works at a friend of mine and he is also running 10.10.6…

Was this ever resolved? I’m experiencing the same problem and can’t find an answer anywhere

Has this been resolved I’m facing the same issue with my mk2 I’m assuming overbridge doesn’t work with mk2 units orrr?

ive started having the same problem with my digitakt

same problem on Heat mk 1.

Any others experiencing same?

Yes, just started with me. I recently upgraded to Overbridge v2.0.60.2 and upgraded the Analog Heat to v1.21. I haven’t used the unit a few weeks and now all of a sudden I can’t get audio through Overbridge. It’s connected and I can move knobs in the plugin and that’s reflected on the hardware, but no audio.

I came here looking for answers.

UPDATE: I’ve partially fixed this, but still have some issues. Overbridge defaults (on PC) to installing the plugins to ‘C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VSTPlugins\Elektron (64bit)’. I had another folder with prior versions located in ‘C:\Program Files\VSTPlugins\Elektron’ which was conflicting and I was accidentally loading the older versions. That’s why it wasn’t passing audio, but some functions still worked. I discovered this by trying a few other hosts and Bitwig showed two versions which lead me to checking various folders.

That got at least Bitwig working, however, my main mastering DAW (Studio One v5.3) still isn’t passing audio and I can’t figure out why. I’ve tried rescanning all of the plugins, but it’s the same thing and I can confirm I’m using the correct version number in the plugin interface. I’m beginning to think it’s an issue with Presonus at this point.

I’ll open a support ticket with Elektron as a starting point though if I can’t make any progress.

UPDATE #2: Got it. It was Studio One, I had the ‘Dropout Protection’ setting set to ‘Maximum’ which was making the overall blocksize to be ‘2048’ samples. Analog Heat wouldn’t function like that. I’ve seen that warning about too high of a rate and they recommend 256 or less, but I was thrown off by the ‘Dropout Protection’ being set as one thing and actual audio interface settings being set as ‘256’.

Maybe that all helps someone check their configuration and overall process.

3 Likes

If i unplug the USB cable real quick and plug it back in I get like 10 seconds of audio. Other than that no audio IN or OUT on the HEAT once OB is “warmed up” in Bitwig. Digitone works fine…

I’ve resorted to turning the device off and back on - IT Crowd style - does the trick… not ultimately satisfying but does the trick

2 Likes

Man - you saved the day!!!

1 Like

Thanks very much. I was pulling my hair out. In Studio One Pro 6, I had Dropout Protection set to “Low.” When I changed it to “Minimum,” now all is working. Cheers

1 Like