No sound on any Octatrack tracks when recording (resolved)

Hi I am having an issue and some people on reddit are saying they are too.
I have loaded a recording buffer on to a flex machine on track 1 of the demo project (I just got the OT and I’m playing around). now that ive loaded the recording buffer and am trying to record I hear no play back of my recording nor any of the other 7 unmuted, not-sent-to-cue audio tracks. Yes I have a trigger layer down on step 1. I can reasonably guess that im in some type of live mode that does this but I can’t seem to find where to exit it so I can hear again.

is this a defective unit?

thanks for your help.

When you open the recording in the audio editor and you press [Function]+[Yes] to preview the sample through the main outs, does it play?
[Cue]+[Yes] previews it through the cue outputs, does that play?

[Function]+[Bank] to open a sample/recording in the audio editor on the OT MK1, Mk2 has a dedicated AED button.

1 Like

Although it doesn’t solve this specific problem I’d at least load up a new blank project and give the same thing a try - if your concern is the health of the box. There’s no doubt a setting or something somewhere in the demo project that’s causing mischief.

solved thank you

2 Likes

Cool. Want to share what the problem was, so that when other people run into the same issue they can find this thread?

3 Likes

What was was it bud?