No sound from Overbridge V2 in Ableton Live

Hi,

I have had Overbridge V2 for my Analog Rytm MK2 working perfectly with Ableton Live, but all of the sudden I have no sound…

Midi sync is all okay, and if I change parameters in the Rytm VST, they get updated in my Rytm aswell. I just have no sound. Strangely enough the Control panel is receiving sound however.

I have tried restarting my DAW, the Overbridge Engine, my Rytm, and even my system, but to no avail…

I’m using
Ableton Live V10.0.1
OS Mojave V10.14.6
Rytm MK2 on V1.50

TIA!

2 Likes

I’m having the same issue, but with Digitakt/Digitone. For me it was fine before the update to OB 2.0.37.3, but now there are problems.

The standalone apps produce sound with no issues, and I can see the meters going in the Control Panel, but I can’t get the plugins to work properly. Like you, I see parameter changes but no sound.

Tried using a template that was working, tried rebuilding from scratch. Tried all of the routing/input monitoring variations typical of user error. I’m stumped.

Edit: Just tried it on my laptop (MacBook Pro, macOS 10.14.6, Ableton 10 Suite 10.1.13), which was running OB 2.0.30.3 BETA. Worked with no issues.

Tried reverting to OB 2.0.30.3 BETA on the machine I’m having troubles with (MacPro, also macOS 10.14.6, Ableton 10 Suite 10.1.13). Same issues. Ableton MIDI prefs pages are set the same way on both machines.

Here is a screenshot if it’s helpful.

I’ve had this happen too, do you have the Engine app open?

Can you post a Screenshot of Ableton?
Do you have Overbridge enabled on the AR?

Yes, engine is running and shows the Digitakt. (I’ve taken the Digitone out of the equation while I troubleshoot)

Screenshot of Ableton Mixer (Clip view) please.

Mixer is visible in the last screenshot (It’s just one track). Here is another one showing the whole environment, including Clip View. That being said, I have no clips (tried recording one, made no difference). Setting the Monitor option to In vs. Auto also has no effect.

1 Like

I see a red dot beside DT and DN plugins. I’ve never seen that before. Maybe it’s becauuse you have recorded automation?

Do you have access to the OB Engine? What is the Status of your Device?

The red dots are there because the plugins are part of one of my collections (Favourites), which is red.

1 Like

The red dot’s are only color tags, it does not indicate an issue. :slight_smile:

Screenshot 2020-05-13 19.30.02

Good to know.

And yes, the OB engine appears normal and I can see the meters going in the Control Panel app. As mentioned, I can also launch the standalone Digitakt app and it works fine via OB. It is just the plugin that doesn’t produce sound.

Have you switched the new plugins with the previous ones in your plugins Folder when you’ve downloaded OB2? Do you have a Custom Folder for your plugins?

First thing I see is that you have monitor set to “in” on the track. Try changing that to “Auto” (if you haven’t already)

It doesn’t matter

1 Like

right you are

I was totally just testing you :sweat_smile:

1 Like

In your settings on your Digitakt, are you routing your Audio to the main outs?

1 Like

I should note that in my case, I do receive audio from my Rytm if I just output it through my sound card…

Yep - my audio routing page looks the same as yours, @Airyck. Like @fabiant, the machine is working fine as a standalone unit. It also seems to ‘work’ in Overbridge mode, except in the context of Ableton (on 1 of my 2 computers using seemingly identical settings). Very confusing.

1 Like

In the settings page of the ob control panel choose compile logs to get all the log files on the machine that isn’t working and open a support ticket.

1 Like