No songmode, what's a nice solution? (digitakt + digitone)

I keep picking up likes for a post I made some months ago explaining how I had never used song mode on my A4 and don’t miss it on other devices…

Just wanted to set the record straight that I now love song mode on the A4 now and it’s better for me than arranger on the Octatrack…

I made a liar out of myself!

7 Likes

I hope they take away the ability to save presets too, that way you have to create your sounds every time you power up the machine. Would be cool if they would take the display screen away as well. Maybe they could remove midi capability too.

1 Like

Have the feature there to use is great. Some will use it, some may not, but it doesn’t hurt to have the capability included just in case.

Heyyy, since this thread got a bump I will take the opportunity to share with you my DIY Song Mode tutorial!

It’s just a step-by-step guide on how to use the MIDI loopback to send Program Change and create pattern chains that you can save within your project. Nothing groundbreaking I’m afraid but it works pretty nicely. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

You are absolutely right. The more subtractive the thinking, the better the music.

I know right? They should also make it with buggy software so that you always have to stay on your toes.

1 Like

Didnt read all 100+ posts
But
For me Midi loopback didnt work
Maybe my cable is old, i dont know,
But it gives weird audio triggered my midi feedback (i think)
At the end it just doest work

But if you have digitakt and digitone
Why not sending program changes from your midi tracks
To the other device
I e with a MIDI track of the digitone, changing programs on digitakt

And if you want to, they can be midi-synced to pattern too
So the digitone will pattern change automatically too

1 Like

Dude, I don’t know how you can be right, righteous, and so cutting edge all at once, but do you think you could PM me your address? I want to give you all my money.

I second the OT solution. If you are really interested in having all the goodness of Elektron style music-making than the OT is the missing piece.

It just comes natural to me. I hear that all the time.

Can someone confirm whether Octatrack’s Arranger can trigger Digitone patterns without weird sync issues, pattern starting late, etc. if the Digitone pattern is of a different length than the Arranger’s?

It was implied in the other thread that the Arranger does not play well w/ other Elektron sequencers unless all patterns are set to the same length.

Is there a post about learning how to chain patterns? I’m new at this, the cuckoo vid didn’t go into much detail

11 Likes

I am song mode…

1 Like

Why would you buy something that doesn’t fit your needs?

2 Likes

Show me your song mode in action while you’re playing guitar.

1 Like

I am Neegan.

Not using its sequencer and using the pattern as kit worked for me… Well that was not what you wanted to hear, right?

Oh you wouldn’t want to see me play guitar, hah! But I get your point.

1 Like

And when you play a 10 songs set, you need to be real quick to put the patterns together in the chain in-between songs.