No serial sticker?

I bought directly from Sweetwater new - I noticed that my Digitone doesn’t have a serial sticker on it like my Digitakt or Analog heat.

Is this normal?

Man, that Digitone is living off the grid. So get yourself a new identity, ditch that cell phone, and the two of you can ride off into the sunset and start some new adventures together!

9 Likes

Was there one on the box? I would call them and inquire :slight_smile:

Yea I called sweetwater and they are okay with it. Just want to make sure Elektron is - I submitted a ticket and I’ll see what they recommend.

I’m still in the return period. Just would be a shame to have to go through that process and be down a Digitone for a bit.

1 Like

you might need that serial number if you want to register the machine and help support in case of any open ticket

There is a serial number on the box - and I used that to register it. It’s just if I ever send the device in, I’m not sure how they will locate said serial number unless I keep that box. Even then - whose to say I’m not sending a different Digitone outside the warranty in.

I feel like there has to be a way they can access the serial number digitally. If not - my gut tells me they will want me to return it.

Have them keep your card on file while they send you a new one with a shipping label in the box. Then you can ship it back in that box with minimal hassle, and not have to be without the Digitone. They’ll do it.

Good idea. I’m sure they can do that right? I’ll ask Sweetwater. I’ll just wait to see what Elektron says.

They’ve done it for me, you just have to insist. Only way to operate in my opinion.

1 Like

s/n can be accessed on the digitone when you do the func+power on thing. It comes up on screen.

4 Likes

Just tried that - I get 5 options. None of which provide S/N?

Select option 1 test mode

2 Likes

Oh awesome! I think I’ll be good then. Can’t see why they would respond otherwise.

Thanks very much!

Just an update - they responded and said that was weird. I confirmed that the serial number in the system was the same as what was on the box (they asked me to do this).

They are shipping me a S/N label to slap on it.

Thanks everyone!

6 Likes