No Sample Locks on Model:Samples : Discuss [implemented version 1.02]

A maximum of 64mb.
If you plan ahead, 11 mins mono is so much material.

4 Likes

I guess 64mb for all tracks or is it for each track? Nevertheless, 64mb has some possibilities.

64mb is project ram, so shared.

5 Likes

I guessed so, thank you for clarifying. :+1:

2 Likes

That is still ‘a lot’ but then again, like cash, you can never have too much.
At least with the Model Samples you can have 500+ samples loaded into a project…
Nice ‘limitation’

1 Like

hope that electron starts again to focus on innovation rather than limitation.

4 Likes

What?! I did not realize this…that is great. Please ship my preorder soon, [retailer name redacted]!

1 Like

576 to be exact!
Almost makes the lack of sample lock more annoying.

1 Like

I can totally agree. 576 samples and no sample locks, with only six tracks at a time… this is self defeating.

I’ve been rockin the M/SAMPLES now for over a week since I got it, and I’m telling you it’s TIGHT.
Plus the portability of it is great, and other features that are great, that said if sample locks is implemented this thing will freakin rock times ten.
I don’t believe it will cannibalize any of it’s bigger cousins. I think it could be that they maybe rushed it, i don’t know. Because they are working on other things like overbridge and other stuff.

I was visiting their HQ office place in sweden once and they told me that they were working on new stuff. They are super nice people and have a helpful attitude, if you have an old machine, they try their best to revive it. Some do care for sustainability of their machines. They are some people working at Elektron that I think really do care about the ever evolving culture and their supporters and fanbase us the users.

They are not like fucking Apple. They are far from it and I hope it stays that way.
No offense to apple users.

Love

Coco

4 Likes

I’ve been as excited for the model samples as any of my more high end Elektron boxes. I love jamming and I love immediate fun, and as much as I love the A4, rytm, takt tone etc. this one seems like it’ll be jam city population me! It gets here Saturday and I can’t wait!

I really hope sample locks is possible via update though. I can imagine how much of a game changer that would be!

Always nice to hear when people working at a company are nice and care about the customers.

1 Like

Please dont buy it thinking sample per step will be added, its about as likely as stereo samples being added to the Digitakt.

3 Likes

defo send a request to feature-request@elektron.se anyway. might as well let em know it’s a popular feature request.

1 Like

Fully agree, sample locks would be crazy. Now I get by with the classic sample chains :slight_smile:

1 Like

This.

Futile though. The manual is very clear about it. It was no accident they didn’t add it.

regardless of if there’s no chance of an update I think its always worth it to let em know how you feel about their products via the official channel.

2 Likes

Sorry but could somebody explain me ‘‘the sample lock’’.
And the comparaison with the DT engine…Please

For the difference between the two models is
Digitakt can sample on direct way with his input
The Model:sample can’t sample because you must transfert your sample

That what i know

Thanks you very much

“Sample locking” is the ability to take a track, that already has a sample assigned to it, and parameter lock different samples for different triggers assigned to that track. It allows a single track to play multiple samples instead of only being able to play one sample.

People are discussing a work around by using “sample chains.” “Sample chains” are samples created by chaining a bunch of smaller samples together into one longer sample; the different samples can then be selected by using the sample start parameter. FYI, when using “sample chains,” they must be arranged in a manner for the 120 subdivisions (of the sample start parameter) to line up with each sample’s beginning.

2 Likes

thanks you very much !
i undestand the difference now.

we could esperate an upgrade for this thing.
I know that the digitakt make sample lock as well
I always use this capability and it’s really cool

1 Like

We talking about the definition of the sample wave if it can not make chain sample ??

Not sure. Just a bunch of discrete samples separated by gaps of silence, but all contained in one wav file.

1 Like