No Sample Locks on Model:Samples : Discuss [implemented version 1.02]

On DT a sample lock is a parameter lock so this applies:

DT also has sound locks, 128 per project, difference being they include every parameter of the edit pages instead of only sample selection…

3 Likes

Good info. I’ve only ever run out of parameter locks once and that was on the Rytm.

1 Like

Rytm has same limits as DT.
Octatrack can lock every parameter! :grin:

1 Like

Wow great news! :clap:

1 Like

Didn’t see that one coming.

Elektron getting great at implementing some of the most requested features!

6 Likes

Wow. Did not see this coming! Cheers Elektron!

1 Like

Great stuff --now please consider Overbridge 2 for Model:samples. Im guessing the hardware architecture would be Overbridge 2 “ready” :slight_smile:

1 Like

WOW this is such an awesome update, M:S just became much cooler, like MUCH cooler! Nice job Elektron!

1 Like

Got it loaded, awesome, thanks Elektron!

1 Like

It is now time to add scale per track to Digitakt to justify the price gap / hike.

7 Likes

Only OT and M:S have it, there’s the Analogs too! :smiley:
I’m not one to demand anything but certainly my AR wouldn’t mind…
I’m chill though, whatever happens happens… They all rock as is… :slight_smile:

Suddenly makes this a very interesting piece of gear. Well done Elektron!

1 Like

I’ve not had time to test this, but I recall on the DT, that trigs with sample locks did not get effected by Ctrl-All parameter changes, which made it, for me at least, troublesome to use effectively. Is that still the case? Was it ever the case, or am I mis-remembering? Thanks

Elektron, you made my weekend! I KNEW this would be possible. If this is possible, many other, less complex feature requests will also be feasible, I guess.

1 Like

Yes… This behavior persists. Control All excludes sample locks…

I just tried Ctrl-all and it affected sample locks as well. Maybe you’re doing something differently?

Locking looped single cycles is yielding some interesting results. Kind of a short wave table sort of thing. I’m really having some fun with this. Stuff I’ve done on other hardware, but it really adds to the M:S

2 Likes

Sorry… Tried again this morning. I had a lot of other gear running and the hats from my other drum machine had obviously not been affected by by the control change which made it sound like @yobink was right but Control-All affects all also sample locks. Nice!

Does anybody know what the locks folder is for?

I’ve not had time to update the MS, but I’m wondering if there is a way to audition your sample before locking it? I guess it’s a case of assigning sample to a track, audition, locking to trig, then assign another to track, audition…rinse and repeat?

1 Like

Man, had no gas so far, but now I am not that sure anymore… strange… :rofl: