No Output from OT until changing patterns

Hi all,

I’ve recently encountered an odd behaviour from my OT (Mk1, OS is still 1.25H). Occasionally, I get no output when hitting play on a pattern. I can solve it by switching to any other pattern, which produces sound as desired, then when I go back to the original problematic pattern - it works fine.

I have done all the usual checks to find the issue - all tracks are unmuted (a combo of flex and thru machines), the correct part is selected etc etc.

It only happens occasionally, about a dozen times so far, but it’s a bit worrying. Anyone experienced anything like this?

My first thought was to update the OS, but I’m going to wait until I’ve finished a current project just in case I lose any work).

Thanks!

What about lfo?

Are you changing memory settings? There’s a bug where samples don’t play after that until power cycle or reloading project, don’t know if switching to a different pattern/part and back might cure it too? :thinking:

Any MIDI coming in?
Check your scenes…

No LFOs are in action.

Not changing any memory settings.

Crossfader is on scene A which is blank.

There is MIDI going out successfully, the input lights show that the OT is receiving audio from my synths.

Mixer settings all normal.

No output on pattern A5. Switch to A3, output is fine, switch back to A5, everything is fine again! :thinking:

What is if you start with A3? The same?
Is your thru machine activated (set first trig)?

Judging by multiple strange reports OTs are giving people trouble this week, I’m blaming it on Mercury Retrograde… :grin:
Stars and planets have to be in OT’s favor, I’m leaving mine in storage till it’s over… :smile:

4 Likes

What happens when using a fresh project?

Yep thru machine has a normal trig.

Haven’t been able to reproduce it with other patterns yet as the issue is so sporadic (I’ve been playing with A5 for weeks on end :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:) but I’ll try, and try it with a new project too.

Doesn’t look like this problem is familiar to others!

2 different parts for A3 and A5?

You only mention where you are going to from A5, but where did you come from?

Aha, yep! I wonder if it’s related to the part.

I am playing A5 to begin with. Stop and start multiple times, output is fine. Then, after stopping and hitting play once more, no output.

T8 set as master track?

After reboot, A5 played first works?
What patterns / parts are used when it works, doesn’t work anymore, works again?

Did you try with muted scenes? (Fn + Scene A/B)

I had this very issue last night. One bank wouldn’t play anything despite samples loaded and patterns full. I did mess with the memory settings prior though.
I finally gave up and power cycled. Worked fine afterwards.

Known bug.
Reload project suffice IIRC, or project change…:thinking:

2 Likes

Currently I’m waiting for this (very intermittent) issue to happen again so I can investigate all the things suggested.

Thanks to all for the assistance!:grinning:

Update for anyone who’s interested. I can’t repeat this issue on any other pattern or part (or on A5 if I load another project), so I’m pretty sure I’ve got something weird going on with settings on that one pattern.

It still happens every now and again on A5, even after reboot, so I’ll keep investigating. :crazy_face:

Lots of weirdness these days needing reboot, indeed!

1 Like