No midi notes out of sequencer. (Semi-Solved)

I’m having the exactly same problem right now !

I can play my synth using the keyboard plugged on Octa, but the trigger notes are not being played… when i change the Midi Track another one, it works… I’d like to know WHY it’s happening this, any clues ?

Hello,

I’m also experiencing this problem and we’re in 2020 (OS 1.31D).
Has anybody found a solution? (I mean a better one than creating a new project from scratch).
Or at least contacted Elektron to report this bug to try to get an answer?

It happened to me a couple months ago but as I could not explain it I just thought I had bad settings and created a new project and everything worked well then.

But today, when I opened my last project, my synthesizer did not play the notes send by the Octatrack sequencer (on track 15). I still can play the synth from the octatrack with the chromatic keyboard. If I copy and paste the midi trigs to another track, it doesn’t work either, except on track 16 (so the 8th midi track) !

Same here and I guess it has something to do with the fact that only track 16 send midi trigs. It’s like all the other midi tracks kept muted in the mixer (even if the green light is on every channel when I’m in mixer mode). A weird thing to note is that I can not mute track 16 in the mixer once this bug happens. If I try to mute all tracks from 1 to 16 in mixer mode, only the 8th and 16th pads stay lit, (it’s normal for the 8th track because it’s supposed to be the “master track” with my actual setup). And if I change the setting from “master” back to “normal” (control->audio->track 8), I can now mute the 8th track but the 16th track always stay on even if I press its pad.

This is really a big issue for me, and I’m in a way happy to see that I’m not crazy and other people experienced the same problem, but suprised it has been reported years ago and still happens despite the various updates since 2014.

Are you sure you haven’t solo’ed a track ([CUE]+[TRIG] in mixer menu)?
Any “S” state for a track visible in the mixer menu?

3 Likes

Salut Noé !

Not if it’s a solo. :wink:

Oh yeah, this is it! :sweat_smile:
Thank you so much! I’ve read the message above from musicmagus talking about this and even tried to solo/unsolo every track but using the wrong key combination (Cue + [T8] instead of Cue + [16] ).
I feel a bit ashamed as I’ve been using the Octatrack for almost 2 years now, but I must admit I still have a lot of stuff to learn and experiment; I’ve never used the solo function until that day, and don’t understand how I could do it by accident, so maybe it was a midi note send from my computer…

Anyway this was my mistake and not a bug, I can go back to my work and love my octatrack again, I’m glad I didn’t throw it by the windows yesterday, I hated it so much! :joy:

1 Like

A very classic wtf moment, easy to solve! :content:

solo issue search

https://www.elektronauts.com/search?context=topic&context_id=141299&q=Solo%20issue%20%23elektron-gear%3Aoctatrack%20&skip_context=true

Ahah yep, I guess it’s a normal step in the Octatrack learning process… Many have been through this allready and this was my turn!

2 Likes