No external MIDI = sadness [Functionality added in OS 1.50]

As a first time Elektron customer I totally agree! I can use the Rytm to play any of the loops that I need in my performances plus the drums and a couple of synth sounds/samples. I don’t need an Octatrack nor do I want another box but I would love to be able to sequence my Bass Station from the Rytm. I could perform my full tracks just using these two pieces of gear through my mixer which would make gigs so much easier.
I would love to hear anything at all from an Elektron mod?
Is it ever going to be possible to sequence external gear from the rytm? I don’t want to have to buy an Arturia beatstep for every piece of kit I decide to add to my setup and I don’t want to have to rely on a computer in a live situation.

1 Like

I just want to play with my modular and my rytm, pleeease give us midi. Would have loved cv but i can do with midi. Lack of is really the only thing stopping it from Being totally awesome. And i Think its a shit move from elektrons side.

2 Likes

3 posts were split to a new topic: Analog Rytm and Moog Sub 37

OK, I have had a chance to connect it to a Korg Volca Keys and the Keys responds when you press the pads, but it doesn’t respond to notes triggered in the sequencer. So, unless I am doing something wrong, that sounds correct.

Hmm, I think I might be better off with an Octatrack as I seem to be using mostly drum samples on it anyway.

damn. ive just realised that its a fail not having the rytm sequencer send out midi notes!

pelease implement this! it must be easy to do :confused:

1 Like

I for one appreciate this limit. The AR focuses solely on drums while my MnM sequences all my other gear. I want Elektron to make the AR a better drum machine, not a better external sequencer…

and ive just realised i can just do convert audio to midi, so im back in the game (for what i want to do anyway) :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m sorry but I feel this is an inane comment. Why not let the MNM be focused solely on digital synthesis?
RYTM’s a great drum machine, that could use more machines and some other tweaks for sure but it also has a great sequencer which can’t be a better EXTERNAL sequencer bc it can’t at all. you can’t make nothing better.

I’m sorry but I feel this is an inane comment. Why not let the MNM be focused solely on digital synthesis?
RYTM’s a great drum machine, that could use more machines and some other tweaks for sure but it also has a great sequencer which can’t be a better EXTERNAL sequencer bc it can’t at all. you can’t make nothing better.
[/quote]
CV out would be cool… I suppose that would have added more cost though… and it’s a done deal now.

[/quote]
The MnM’s sole purpose is digital synthesis + Tetra + Blofeld (everything harmonic/melodic), so that’s what I’m using it for. The MnM’s sequencer isn’t the best for drums because it’s stuck to 16th notes, unless you use some arpeggiator trickery and/or swing.

I wouldn’t hold your breath on the AR being able to sequence externally. One thing I would like is a better song mode on the AR. The MnM’s song mode is much more thought out and flexible (start/stop points, BPM changes, etc).

Someone please correct me if I’m wrong, but I believe it’s been stated definitively by Elektron that this is flat-out impossible and never going to happen, that Rytm simply doesn’t have the processing overhead.[/quote]
word…

Why hasn’t this thread been locked yet. :smiley: seriously.

word…

klerc mentioned this in another thread, but I think it also belongs here for posterity’s sake.

You can use the Rytm to sequence external gear.
For as little as $40 on the 2nd hand market, you can grab a Sonuus G2M
http://www.sonuus.com/products_g2m.html
At the cost of a voice, you can use this device to sequence midi notes to external midi gear with Rytm.

If you’re using Rytm for entire tracks, you won’t be losing much by sacrificing that voice. Instead of Rytm doing your limited bass line work, you can have it sequencing a Minitaur.
Instead of Rytm sequencing your mono sampled synth stabs, you can have it sequencing an Audiothingie’s P6 in “chorder” mode doing 4 note chords. You can also layer the internal voice with the external voice by keeping the voice routed to both Mix LR and the voice output in your Rytm.

2 Likes

I bet you could make a sample chain of the USAMO plugin playing midi notes 0-128 and send the audio from Rytm to USAMO. Note offs might be tricky though…

Edit: expert sleepers say here https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=127096&start=200 you could probably record the usamo plugin output and load it into an octatrack to trigger USAMO MIDI sequences. Would probably work with Rytm too = sample accurate MIDI!

1 Like

I guess they will never implement this, as the job is done by the OT…

AR is only a (very good) drummachine

I should have read this post before buying one AR :smiley:
would have buy an OT instead.

2 posts were split to a new topic: Analog Rytm MIDI clock output

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: New Elektron Box 2016

Not being able to send the sequencer midi out of the outputs is the dumbest, most retarded oversight in history. What is the point of having a midi out, and allowing midi notes to leave that output when i hit the pads… and then not let sequence data do it.

I just can’t fathom this. i thought this was supposed to be a professional product.

wow.

1 Like

I thought professionals RTFM before buying a product?

1 Like