No Audio Input -> Problem Solved (wrong PSU)

Hello Everyone.

I’m an owner of an Analog Heat.
It’s usually connected to my Octatracks Cue Out, so I can switch and route whatever I wanna have routed to the Heat. I did not play for 2 weeks, I had other stuff to do, now back on my gear I found out that since I’ve started it up, no Audio Input Level is coming in, eventhough I connect different sound sources. Just nothing coming in and nothing to hear.
Everything works beside of that, I can tweak each know, display showing all the movements etc.

Within those two weeks, my gear was covered with decksavers or cloth. There was no one touching it neither playing around with it.

Aswell I have to mention, Overbrigde with Live 9 on my MacBook OS 10.10.5 makes the Heat crash down, and the well discussed Error Message appears, well I can live with no Overbridge, thats why I have hardware gear.
Sure I’ve checked it out, as I did with the RYTM and I’ve tried to make it run, had several crashes with the Error Msg on the Heat, gave up. But now, I’m asking myself if this could be a part of my problem?

Just did a factory reset and reupdated the heat OS1.02, nothing has changed, no Audio Input Level. No Sound at all.

I hope someone could help me, and even better if there would be a simple solution for this.
Otherwise I have to open a Ticket.

Anyway, thanks for your help in advance.

Cheers Kristoff

Have you checked in the options menu to make sure that the analog in/out settings are correct for your setup?

Yep. It’s on auto, should work… as it did two weeks earlier.

When I go into the Early start up menu, it shows:

2 Errors
UI:(+)
DRAM: (+)
FPGA: (-) ERR -1
AUDIO CLK: (-) ERR 1
UI FIRMWARE: 1.1

Does anybody knows what FPGA is.
I reckon AUDIO CLK ERR is because no Midi Clock is connected and set.

Hmmmmm…
I think I will open a ticket

All right folks.

The solution to this problem is too easy, but not easy to detect though.

No what I did wrong, befor I switch my machines back on I rewired all the PSU of my units and took the wrong one for the Heat. Had the Octatracks PSU plug into the Heat, everything was running but no sound.

Now the right one is plug in to the heat, then switched it back on and the machine works like ever befor.

Wow didn’t know that the Heats PSU is especially designed for it.

Thread closed.

3 Likes

Stoked to hear it was an easy fix! I’ve got labels at the end of all my PSU’s for easy setup, and so others don’t take them by mistake.

Thank you for this post and sharing the solution!! Same thing happened to me, too (after reconfiguring my studio).
The solution was so stupid-simple, yet I wouldn’t have known for days.