No ADSR = not really playable as a synth with a keyboard?

I just bought a second hand MnM, hoping to use it (amongst other things) as a 6 voice polyphonic synth using a MIDI keyboard.
I didn’t realize that the lack of ADSR makes it unable to be “really” played with a keyboard. Am i missing something obvious ?
There once was a keyboard version (the SFX6), so how is it working on it ?

Thanks

Per the manual- use an LFO and ramp/exp shapes set to volume for sustain

It does actually have ADSR p42 of manual:

6 Likes

Thanks to both of you.

I didn’t try the MULTI ENV as the manual implies it’s only working for monophony. Anyway, i tried, and couldn’t firgure out how it’s supposed to work. I can only hear the SUS working, and acting as a global attenuator. A, D, and R seem to have no effect.
I’m curious to know what’s meant by “on top of the tracks enveloppes”. Are the parameters added to the track’s ones, or is it “on top” from the amplification level ? Anyway, i couldn’t understand what it’s doing, despite my (infinite) knowledge and (massive) experience !

I’ll check the LFO trick as well, even if losing a LFO does matter quite a lot.

EDIT : regarding MultiMode. I need to use the Multimode MIDI channel ! Further test results will be posted here.

Well. Using MultiTrig channel to trigger the MULTI ENV does work as stated (in amplification level). But this enveloppe is not polyphonic. Too bad.
Anyway, for most of the sounds, I think i can deal with a ‘ASR’ type of enveloppe using Hold at 0 and Decay at 127.

Yeah multi env is monophonic, it is a while since I had a Monomachine, so apologies for forgetting that but still it can be useful and multi map can be fun too.

Heh, when I did some of the presets for the SFX-6 I did this pattern, sort of on topic in a way :rofl:

3 Likes

there are options in the Kit menu under “ASSIGN” for Velocity and you have to set Decay on the value 128 and Release to 0. after that you can adjust the Release parameter for a smooth note release.

1 Like