Ninja Tune Zen Delay (collab with ericasynths)

I like the volante better for guitar, and the looper and reverb are really great on it. It sounds really nice on synths too! But for real time playing with synths, the Zen is king. It’s like an instrument and super hands on and tweakable.

2 Likes

I love delays. I want to get one of these.
I actually have the db-01 but don’t really use it much.
I might have to sell that and get the zen delay instead.
I’d definitely use it way more

2 Likes

I have the db-01 too, they go so great together. If I HAD to get rid of one, I’d get rid of the DB-01. I love it, but the zen delay is on everything I use.

1 Like

Yeah. I fee like I’d really like the zen delay and I’d probably use it everything too.

I have way too much gear. So I’ve been thinking about selling the stuff I don’t use regularly.

I do like the db 01 a lot. I love the arp and the sequencer tricks it has but I don’t really need it.

I have digitakt, digitone, OT, Hydra, GM, Typhon, Polyend Tracker, and quite a few more. So I’d say o have bass covered and sequencers covered. Lol.

It sucks because I’ve sold gear on eBay for years but now their fees are outrageous.

So it’s way harder to sell something.

Oh well. I’ll make it happen

1 Like

which would you rather have one zen delay or two dod rubbernecks?

One zen delay. I have a rubberneck, maybe two would be awesome! I have a chase bliss tonal recall red knob version maybe I could combine the two. How come?

I’m deciding between the two choices and I thought you had said you own both lucky you :slight_smile:
so two rubbernecks is still cheaper than one zen delay and I’m still leaning towards the zen right now while thinking how could two rubbernecks not be great!

Highly recommend just the zen delay!

I’m very interested in the Enjoy Electronics Reminder though. Anyone have both and can offer thoughts comparing them?

I’m interested in the Reminder too, unfortunately everything I’ve heard from it so far sounds on the kind of thin/ side, and I haven’t been too impressed with the quality of sounds coming out of it but that could be the users… there’s just not much out there yet

Amazed by the Ninja Tune Zen Delay! Just sold my Hologram Microcosm and purchased the Zen. I find the Zen Delay more immediate, fun, and fits my musical style much better. The Microcosm is a wicked ambient pedal but I found it excelled with guitars and not necessarily my synth setup. I like this pedal better than my old Chase Bliss Mood. Thanks for all the tips on this thread for the Zen Delay. There are some great ideas being shared.

5 Likes

Looks like the new version is due…

https://www.benidub.com/index.php/home/digital-echo/

Aaaalmost in SchneidersLaden and they will be charging 336€.

2 Likes

And Reverb charges taxes for selling used gear! Just crazy, taxes on your taxes on your taxes.

2 Likes

anybody else always reaching for the tube arch to pick up the thing tsk tsk?

Naw, that’s your State charging taxes for online marketplaces. Since Wayfair lost against Oregon (I think) it set a precedent for other states to tax any and all online marketplaces. Stll tho, this is taxation without representation…

You’re paying sales taxes for the state you live in, which was always the case.
The only difference is that now the vendors are required to collect them now that internet sales are so popular.

1 Like

My bad, it was South Dakota not Oregon. States couldn’t force online vendors to collect sales tax if they didn’t have a physical presence in said state.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_Dakota_v._Wayfair,_Inc.

Interesting read and still a case for taxation without representation.

Your complaint doesn’t make any more sense when repeated.

It’s less fun when large vendors collect taxes on my behalf, but the internet was a huge loophole there and taxes on purchases were still owed.

1 Like

Ah man, you must like giving money away?

Maybe we could steer this back towards the Zen Delay?

6 Likes

Lots of flags. Getting back on topic should be first priority. Try talking about this delay pedal instead of arguing about taxes :thup:

9 Likes