#NGNY22 - Happy NoGear New Year!

Im just about ready for 2023. I was not a 22’ participant (and it was Elektron purchases that got me to this forum in March of this year).

I preordered my planned purchase for XPO. I also ordered CBA Gen Loss. Those will arrive in the new year.

That leaves just one more item to buy and that’s OTO machines Cherie Bebe.

I might only need to buy new guitar strings and replace a cable or two next year and I’m really looking forward to knowing that what I have is what I’ve got.

2 Likes

Got the urge to look and see if any interesting hardware had come out in the past year, and nothing caught my attention. 21 months of no musical purchases down.

13 Likes

ok I’ve just ordered a new audio interface that means I’m all set for 2023, NGNY here I come*!

*unless a digi sized A4 is coming out then no way I’m going to hold back, but that’s not going to happen so yeah…

1 Like

I’m in for ‘23.

4 Likes

I’m planning on participating in '23. New thread any time now?

1 Like

Just offloaded a shit load of unused gear, debts near zero now so I’m fully prepared for ngny 23, I finally realised all I really need is an iPad, a laptop and push 2 with Ableton…

Goodbye gas, Hello sustainable debt free living, I’ve literally had a gutful of the hamster wheel…

Happy new year everyone…:tada:

10 Likes

I bought the NI Komplete Kontrol and their software this year and a couple of plug-ins but also sold the Perfourmer, MD, Wavestate, Minikorg and tons of modules and pedals etc. so all in all this year has been a great lesson and improvement thanks to this thread and everyone contributing to it.

Lots of valuable insights have been shared here.

Now with my setup damn near perfect and my financial situation a lot less brutal I will definitely stick with this for the 2023 as well.

Happy new year!! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Same, a few things still to go and pretty soon will be a clean slate. It’s a massive weight off, maybe now I can concentrate on some actual music!
HNY to all, NGNY beckons…

2 Likes

Yeah that’s my rationale too… good luck with the tunes fella​:+1::muscle:

1 Like

In for NGNY 2023. Currently sitting on Ableton, Maschine MK3, NI M32, Syntakt and MiniFreak.

Only thing I predict could be a trigger for me, is if someone releases a dope hardware sampler.

3 Likes

Happy NoGear New Year, friends!

It has been a great experience for me personally, and I’ve enjoyed reading about the succeses, as well as sympathizing with the struggles.
I’ve managed to turn of my GAS, but, along the way also momentarely turning of the interest in making music, making me slightly worried, that maybe I was more into gear than music.

But lately my love of making music, especially with my modular, has been higher than ever, and I love getting to know my gear at a deeper level.

Thank you all, this thread has been a kind and supporting place. Let me know, where I can sign up for '23! :wink:

:heart:

9 Likes

Just a few hours left here in Sweden now - closing in on a year without any hardware, software or sample investments

So happy for this initiative and what it has done to me spending time with the actual gear at hand and learning/enjoying it in a much deeper way than the quick fix of buying something new.

Ideally, limiting myself to just 1-2 purchases per year would be the right amount to keep the ignition running so I’m hoping for that next year.

Wish everyone, regardless of taking part in this NGNY22 or not, a happy new year! A special thanks to @Joebas for making a lot of us appreciate what we’ve already got! :black_heart:

11 Likes

:100:

5 Likes

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Thank you! Gott nytt år fra Danmark!

2 Likes

Does this mean you wont start the 2023 version?

I don’t think it should be me. I want to see how far I get with only 1 thing to buy in 2023.

2 Likes

Yes - I’m passing on the torch :fire:

5 Likes

Thank you for doing this.

2023 will be fun to keep focus.

If nobody else is up to it, let me know. I should be a worst case scenario to keep it going. I’ve got ADHD characteristics so a big reason I’m aspiring to be a 1 purchase user in 2023.

2 Likes

Let’s commit: #MGNY23

2 Likes

I bought a sp404mk2 last week - just to start 2023 without any purchases.

2 Likes

:tada::tada::tada: