Next Wednesday

Elektron has no control over those forums. :wink:

I’m sure Elektron’s not super jazzed about having things leaked. It’s Elektron’s device to announce and not everyone else’s.

1 Like

Yeah, these leaks must suck for Elektron. I wonder why this happens sometimes. It’s probably too hard to keep it secret with so many people, platforms and stores involved.

massive f******g understatement right there

5 Likes

There are likely bots that scour known music store websites for changes in the hopes that they find staged links or pre-maturely updated pages. I don’t think it would be that challenging to do. People get curious. While it does take some wind out of the sales, I doesn’t diminish the hard work that the Elektron team have put it. It just sucks that they can’t be the ones to break news.

That’s all I’ll post in this thread today. I don’t want to add to the work of the mods today.

3 Likes

I asked publicly to help mitigating the leak so that it can stay a surprise for some.

While I understand the excitation to be the first to divulge an information, there was absolutely no second thought about respect for the work of people at Elektron, nor the mods trying to keep the paper on the present, so to say.

But, well, at least we tried.

Special thoughts to @avantronica that went through a lot lately, being called Stalinist and despised for trying to do his best.

19 Likes

4 Likes

I didn’t really notice the drama behind it until today. But i love Elektron and hate to see them have problems.
The good thing is that i know whatever they’ll put out it will be a hit imo. I tried most Elektron devices and if i had enough money and space i would own them all. They’re all special machines and the ones i own give me a lot of pleasure.
Yesterday i ordered an A4 mkII btw.

2 Likes

Some people taking it way too far, that’s just uncalled for.

3 Likes

Everything is going to be forgotten soon enough.
And yeah, they make awesome machines :slight_smile:
Totally changed my way of playing music.

I still see it as a good thing that everyone gets so much excited to be honest :wink:
I am.

13 Likes

it’s gonna be another smash hit imo :fire:

4 Likes

kobamoto: 10

naysayers: 0

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Is Wednesday still relevant in 2024?

2 Likes

5 Likes

too big, and I’ll take 3

2 Likes

Not my kids!

2 Likes

lol

1 Like

These leaks seem to be across the board. Why do manufacturers send images to retailers in advance of an announcement if they care about secrecy so much? Cant they wait?

Same happened to the new Tonex pedal this week

It’s literally not possible, as it takes time for retailers to put up the information, so they need to get that information in advance. These things aren’t magic, someone needs to actually do the work. This is how it is for every big manufacturer in every product field though.

1 Like

Yeah but for a big product like the Digitakt im sure even an email announcement only initially wouldnt impact sales!!! I mean how many days in advance does a retailer need text and a pic

2 Likes