Newbie To Elektron

Hi

Ive just bought my first piece of Elektron Heaven in the form of the Digitakt

I managed to pick one up secondhand and was wondering is there anything i should look out for, test being its a secondhand machine?

I chose the Digitakt after watching loads of Vids on Youtube, i was going to buy the Model Samples but this one came up and i couldnt resist.
Im trying to get away from the daw as much as i can as i seem to lose intrest and hit a wall when at the pc for to long it frustrates the hell out of me. I want to have a more hands on approach and master one bit of kit instead of loads and master none lol

Im even looking at going Dawless in the future

Anyway any advice would be great

Thanks

PS anyone know whats the going rate for a SH Digitakt?

4 Likes

Welcome to the forum and the world of Elektron. Not got a DT but I do have some other pieces. They’re generally pretty hard wearing from experience, I think it tends to be software bugs when they arise that cause issues rather than failing hardware. That said if you keep the firmware updated and check the forum for known issues you should be okay.

My mate just bought a minty boxed DT for £450 I think?

1 Like

Thanks Bunker

Just picked mine up for £400 delivered looks in great condtion too, its on route so havent got it yet

So what i paid seems a bit of a Bargain

Welcome to the forum!

Download the latest version of the manual from the support page on Elektron’s website.

Following the instructions in the manual, run Test Mode from the Startup menu to make sure that the DT’s hardware is OK.

Check the OS version number on your DT and, if there is a newer version on Elektron’s website, plan to install it to take advantage of the most recent new features and bug fixes.

5 Likes

Many Thanks Peter