New wavetable pack for Digitakt and Model:Samples

Hey Folks

After the positive feedback from the original free Elektron Wavetables we decided to produce a full sound pack based on this technique, we are super excited with the result!!

Using a variety of sound sources—recordings of real instruments, vintage synths, male and female vocalists and digital sources we created 500 wavetables formatted for the Model:Samples and Digitakt.

The pack transforms the Model:Samples or the Digitakt into a versatile wavetable synthesiser with a unique glitchy character. The wavetables are divided into 4 categories: Vocal , Instrument , Real and Synth.

How to use the wavetables: Load a wavetable on to a pad of the Model:Samples or Digitakt then turn on LOOP and set the SAMPLE LENGTH parameter to 1 so that it’s only playing a single waveform in the wavetable. Adjust the ‘SAMPLE START’ parameter to set the current position in the wavetable.

Tip: Assign the LFO to the wavetable playback position, experiment with different LFO shapes, depth settings and speeds. Also experiment with changing the SAMPLE LENGTH parameter to 2, 3 or 4 for different timbral effects or tremolo sounds.

The pack is available at the intro price of $9.99 (normal price $19.99)

More info here:

David

6 Likes

Is digitakt going to be able to scan these properly because of its finer start point resolution and no way for it to jump exactly one wavetable at a time with an lfo?

1 Like

I think that’s where the ‘unique glitchy character’ comes from.

A while back I saw a trick for slicing on DT using an LFO. I wonder if that could be leveraged for wavetables. For more true wavetable synthesis on DT, better to load the individual waves to sample slots and modulate the slot position with an LFO, the phase of each cycle is retained in that case. Still can be glitchy though.

Not trying to be negative about this pack, I’ll probably grab it, I’m a sucker for exactly this kind of thing!

1 Like

Quite a few people have reported using the pack successfully with DT. I’ve only got the M:S here (which it works perfectly with), so I’m not sure what the exact differences are. The M:S has a start time resolution of 120 which matches the number of waveforms in the wavetable.

1 Like

How it sounds will be posted after the intro?

1 Like

Yeah I’ll try to do some videos ASAP. Depending on how you set up the LFO, start and loop length the results can be dramatically different, but it’s a lot of fun.

2 Likes

It should work well with the AR also as I believe that has the same style playback engine as the M:S with the 120 resolution

Yes, someone else mentioned that also.

Just tried instruments on DT with a slow running square wave LFO 1 controlling SAMPLE LENGTH and LFO 2 controlling START. Glitchy lo fi sounds and billions of possibilities. :yum:

1 Like

Brilliant! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I finally got a chance to pick these up and give them a go this evening. They work fine with the DT - it does require a little patience to use them with it as they work best when you set the sample start to exactly 1.0 and the length to either 1.0 or 2.0 so fine tuning is what it is. That said, there is some fun to be had by deliberately pickng non-whole numbers for glitchier or harsher sounds. One thing that is especially nice to do is to to setup one of your LFOs for random shape, fast speed, a reasonable depth and hold mode. Then point that at sample start. With the sequencer running and playing a tune it’s super fun to replace the sample and just audition various other wavetables really quickly.

Definitely worth the very modest outlay.

2 Likes

Thé first pack was really good !
I will definitely try that one !

1 Like

Hi,
What’s that free wavetable pack from Elektron you’re talking about? I’m interested but can’t find it. Thanks