New Unifono Track : ) (Album on friday)

Completely done in ableton with ableton instruments.
Hope you enjoy!

13 Likes

Nice! Care to share what instruments you used for each part? I particularly like the arpy lead sound that comes in at 2:40-something. Also, anything from Ableton Live 10? I’m currently on Live 9 Suite but I’m contemplating upgrading to 10 for the new instruments, plus Drum Buss, etc

1 Like

You missed the 25% off for Ableton upgrades on Black Friday or just didn’t care at that moment?

By the way, NICE TRACK Unifono!

1 Like

I cared but didn’t have the funds at the time and was in one of those ‘screw computers’ phases haha. Also, don’t mind paying a bit extra seeing as I got Live for free as I used to work for Computer Music and later on SOS :wink:

Anyway, we’re going off topic again :grimacing:

Would love to hear more about the instruments used on @Unifono’s track

2 Likes

Digging it, loving those smooth pads around 2:00 in. The glassy arp is nice too. You doing all the mix and master yourself?

1 Like

Thanks guys :slightly_smiling_face:
I have to correct myself. The bassline actually was U-he repro.
The sound that starts with the vocals is a mallet type sound from collision, run through granulator 2.
The lead sound is ableton analog.
The pad sound at 1:55 is operator.
The other mallet sound with the melody that starts at 2:40 is ableton collision.
Drums are various samples

Reverb always is valhalla vintage verb. Delay usually soundtoys echoboy jr. or lately valhalla delay
Rest should be ableton stock plugins

2 Likes

Thanks.
I do all the mixing.
A friend usually does the mastering, but for this album I wanted to try landr. I was curious for a while. And I find the result quite pleasing. Good enough for the purpose of this release :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Some dope Four Tet vibes!

2 Likes

1 Like

Sounds fab, the shakers give it a real nice swingy groove when they come in

1 Like

Love it!

1 Like

great, thank you