New tune Vapor - 135 R&S style belter

More fun with the MDUW. Ask me about the ~200 envelope edits I made to get a click out of the kick drum :stuck_out_tongue:

10 Likes

All MDUW? Good work – sounds great!

Seconded. This is great. Right up my alley. Its just good on its own, but done all on the MDUW adds a little more “wow” spice to it : )

Was it all done live? Multi tracked? Doesn’t matter, I’m just curious : )

Thx!
All of the rhythm is MDUW, I make tracks like this by building a pattern, doing a live jam on it, then chopping and editing that to a tighter track structure. Once that’s done I write some synth parts around it and add a few pieces that the MDUW isn’t good at (long stereo acoustic cymbals for example). I’ve got a whole set on the MDUW & OT of pieces like this that I wrote for shows I did with Untold & Goth Trad that I’m slowly turning into finished tracks. I’ve been working to build a live PA that can go up against finished mastered tracks, but when it comes to present tracks by themselves, I like going in and multitracking/editing them so that the structure is really tight.

3 Likes

come on through chicago and i could prob set you up with a gig

1 Like

terrific rhythms and variations throughout. more please!

Hi great work sounds really good and tight. have some questions bro_

when you means this i guess your using the octa or another sampler to edit and chop?

and for performance or live situations you use both or you`re doing this live just on a MDUW?
or both and the midi clock came from the Octa or MD

and if you´re using a MDUW plus drive

Thanks

I track, edit, and mix in Live 9 - sometimes I’ll take the 6 individual outputs from the MD in as separate stems, other times I am just recording the mains and wind up liking the performance side of it I will work with that stereo audio.

In performance I use the MDUW and Octatrack. Depending on the situation I will either have the synth stuff on OT and then drums from MDUW, or bounce out 16 bar sections as 8 stereo stems from the Live session and live remix them on the OT with some extra sauce from the MD. I’m currently working on tracking some live sessions, one more chill & dusty with MDUW, and one with the OT & MDUW pair.

1 Like

Great so many thanks for the info. and keep the good music flowing :smiley_cat:

1 Like

Constant variations, changes, surprises. Man this fantastic ear candy! :candy: :lollipop: :relaxed:

Thanks also for including your workflow. Always a treat to learn how others work.

1 Like