New to Machinedrum. I feel like this instrument "gets me"

Hi everyone,

I guess this is my obligatory, “recently bought a Machinedrum, and I love it” post. It’s surprising that I feel this way at all, seeing as I went in with a lot of trepidation, but there’s something oddly intuitive about the Elektron workflow that just clicks with me. Certainly more than my Push 1 ever did. I’ve already been able to create some awesome patterns, and I can only imagine how rewarding things will get once I have time to dig through the manual.

That said - I can’t help but feel it’s a little strange that I’ve had this reaction. All I’ve ever heard about Elektron is that their gear has a steep learning curve, and that the workflow is nothing short of Byzantine. The Push meanwhile has always been lauded as this intuitive, straightforward tool that anyone can use. Unfortunately that was never my experience, since something about it always felt…cluttered? Convoluted? I don’t know. Stranger still is that I’m by no means a “techy” guy, and I usually have trouble with new gear, but the MD is a whole other story.

Obviously things will get harder as I progress, and the more in depth features are still hard for me to grasp, but I’m looking forward to one day getting there. Hopefully this is the beginning of a long and productive journey. Curious if anyone else had a similar reaction when they first started :man_dancing:

5 Likes

10 posts were merged into an existing topic: Am I the only one? [Machinedrum love]